SiouxSports.com Forum

UND to Summit/MVFC

UND92,96

35 minutes ago, Bison101 said:

Master baiter? The good thing is that we will be able to settle it on the field/court from now on....Well at least until we go FBS that is.

Absolutely, we will, like in 2020 in the Hawks' Nest, and thanks to the MVFC for tearing down that wall on the North side of NDSU campus that prohibited your FB team from going North. Mean time, we have the Dance and the Frozen Faceoff. And hosting the regional in Fargo, imagine that.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2017 at 2:03 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

it does seem stupid it took the summit people so long to take und...we instantly make the league more stable, respectable, and competitive...not to sound cocky but we instantly bc the big dog/ top dog in the league

Um, no. Maybe fighting for 3rd/4th. Your wbb isn't top tier for the Summit, it just isn't close to SDSU, USeD, IUPUI, and what WIU had this year. Your men's team is going to be in for a rude awakening when they get to face some veteran Summit squads that have been on the upswing and will have their best players as seniors that year (Mooney, Daum, Konchar). 

2 minutes ago, Thumper 76 said:

Um, no. Maybe fighting for 3rd/4th. Your wbb isn't top tier for the Summit, it just isn't close to SDSU, USeD, IUPUI, and what WIU had this year. Your men's team is going to be in for a rude awakening when they get to face some veteran Summit squads that have been on the upswing and will have their best players as seniors that year (Mooney, Daum, Konchar). 

If Daum is still around by then, he could go pro next year

12 minutes ago, Thumper 76 said:

about a 100 years of kicking the asses of ndac, sdac, and the teachers college of vermillion might lead me to believe the next 100 are gonna be a bitch for those schools. again.

38 minutes ago, Thumper 76 said:

Geno will immediately be the best point guard in the league that year, also. Just to clarify.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Thumper 76 said:

So those schools will be good that year?  Than what?  

On 3/27/2017 at 6:25 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

about a 100 years of kicking the asses of ndac, sdac, and the teachers college of vermillion might lead me to believe the next 100 are gonna be a bitch for those schools. again.

Lol, whatever helps you sleep at night skippy. I really can't wait for your entrance to the MVFC. That's going to be hilarious. 

• Downvote 6

37 minutes ago, Thumper 76 said:

Considering you barely squeaked by USeD last year during your best season to date, I would be willing to wager a healthy sum that won't happen.

You do know we are moving to the MVFC not the SEC. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2016 at 0:49 PM, Smoggy said:

Lets say someone is leaving the Missouri Valley.  the SU's would leave the Summit in a heartbeat to get fully into that conference and we'd be right back to where we started except with absolutely zero names to play.

Well I had a bad feeling something like this would happen and while not a for sure it seems quite possible.  I wanted to stay in the Big Sky and now I'm not so sure that would be possible since we announced the switch.  So would NDSU bolt?  The SD's??? I get that there would be more money for a bit, but is that conference that prestigious anymore???

It would be quite ironic for NDSU to go to a conference where they are the outlier and have more difficult travel (1 bus trip?) and really no regional rivals after all the grief they gave us.  

3 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Well I had a bad feeling something like this would happen and while not a for sure it seems quite possible.  I wanted to stay in the Big Sky and now I'm not so sure that would be possible since we announced the switch.  So would NDSU bolt?  The SD's??? I get that there would be more money for a bit, but is that conference that prestigious anymore???

It would be quite ironic for NDSU to go to a conference where they are the outlier and have more difficult travel (1 bus trip?) and really no regional rivals after all the grief they gave us.  

As my good friend SiouxVolley would tell you, you have to have long term vision. Going to the MVC does nothing for any of the Dakota schools in the distant future. 

Plus, with each of the schools adding men's and women's quidditch as club teams next year, look for the new NQAC (pronounced N quack) to start up. They'll like use their influence to pressure UND men's hockey away from the ACYNHOF (association of colleges you've never heard of).

• Upvote 2

On Saturday, March 11, 2017 at 10:35 PM, Bison101 said:

Lol, so bringing in a Hockey school instantly makes them the new top dog in the Summit? Better than SDSU, a basketball school, with national success in the woman's program and national championships on the men's side in D2 along with four appearances in the NCAA tournament? Better than NDSU who has been 3 times to the NCAA's and is the only current Summit program to have one a game there? Sioux fans never cease to amaze me with their arrogance. 

It has nothing to do with be a hockey school. It has to do with winning the football title, volleyball title, and both men's/women's basketball. 

On Saturday, March 11, 2017 at 10:56 PM, Cratter said:

Just written on egriz.com

Please, North Dakota, as you join the ranks of Boise State, Nevada, CS-Northridge and Gonzaga as a former conference champion who ultimately exited the Big Sky ...take the Griz with you to the Summit Conference. A new affiliation there, or anywhere else, would have to be an improvement for both parties.

I'd actually be OK with that.

• 1 year later...
On 5/25/2018 at 6:31 AM, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I have not yet become a fan of commissioner Tom Douple, but do welcome him and the Summit office move from Chicago to Sioux Falls.  Shows a little clout in the western U's of of the Summit. 

Only a good sign if the Summit League is abandoning everything East of the Mississippi.  IPFW and Western Illinois should be getting jumpy.  But the Summit needs the Montana’s, Idaho and Weber St desperately.  There is no one else to continue to meet the autobid criteria.

Other schools don’t want in a Dakota-based league unless they are also in a remote region to population centers. 

Not talking Black Hill St or MSU-Billing, but flagships.

Have to get the Midwest label off the Summit and make it a Plains label.

21 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Only a good sign if the Summit League is abandoning everything East of the Mississippi.  IPFW and Western Illinois should be getting jumpy.  But the Summit needs the Montana’s, Idaho and Weber St desperately.  There is no one else to continue to meet the autobid criteria.

Other schools don’t want in a Dakota-based league unless they are also in a remote region to population centers. 

Not talking Black Hill St or MSU-Billing, but flagships.

Have to get the Midwest label off the Summit and make it a Plains label.

How many teams does the league need before auto bids are taken away? Is it 6?