SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Minnesota - FRIDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

damn, we don't want to be bullies. If things get too heated, maybe the captains can meet at center ice, drop gloves, throw helmets and have a compliment match? Then the goalies can hug, we'll trade goals until we're at a satisfactory tie score (enough goals that teams feel good about their offense, but not too many to crush the defensive spirits), a few pats on the back and we can stop the game for treat time.

honestly, that big hitting, drop the glove mentality went out the door several years back now. I'd be shocked to see something like that happen, unless the cheap shots start flying and the refs don't control it. I don't even think we have a personality on the team that would look for that (a la Prpich, Hextall, Radke, Blood, Lamoreux, etc.)

Just for fun, I'd just like to say If I had to pick a winner in a Captain vs Captain throw down, I'd take Gage. 

(That probably has nothing to do with the post I replied to but I got a chuckle out of the vision of gloves being dropped between Gage and Justin "I look like I'm 12" Kloos)

Carry On. 

4 minutes ago, nodakgirl93 said:

So again tomek stayed home. Really odd how a drafted goalie is behind a walk on. Would really like to see him play. 

UND has 3 good goalies, one will always be the odd man out. The other two have proven themselves, while I would like to see Tomek play he just has to work hard and wait for his opportunity and take advantage, he will need to do this as he moves up in the hockey world as well.

LOL they are handing out towels that point out the game that got them to the National Championship that they lost to union, while we actually won last year. They're trying way too hard.

Re: Gophers vs. North Dakota -- Nov 4/5

•  

Postby Bonin21 » Fri Nov 04 4:15 pm

I think the towels they're giving students are a bit... idk. Calling out one game that only got us to a final which we lost is meh.