SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Minnesota - FRIDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

9 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Can anyone here translate gfhockey-speak to English?

3 hours ago, Emerald joker said:

What the H*LL???????? Gone because he's not being played? I wouldn't think Hakstol would do that

But Hakstol  wanted him to the net. Nobody knows what BB wants to do with Cam but he should  have make some change in the net and give the chance to Tomek. It is normal and the best moment currently...

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

So if a guy scores a goal...in a rivalry game...in a sport that doesn't typically involve a ton of scoring...you are going to complain about this?

Exactly. People who complain about excessive celebration make me mad. if a guy wants to show his passion for his team, and for himself, let him have it.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Rock Chalk Fighting Hawk said:

Exactly. People who complain about excessive celebration make me mad. if a guy wants to show his passion for his team, and for himself, let him have it.

Show passion with your teammates. Want to celebrate like a gopher player? Play for the gophers.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

I'm saying there is a UND way to celebrate no matter how big the goal is and he didn't follow that. We don't pop jerseys and we don't rub the ice on one knee.

When Nick Schmaltz scored the GWG in the Frozen Four against Denver, he "rubbed the ice on one knee." 

You must've been totally outraged at Schmaltz for his non-UND way to celebrate.

:silly:

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

When Nick Schmaltz scored the GWG in the Frozen Four against Denver, he "rubbed the ice on one knee." 

You must've been totally outraged at Schmaltz for his non-UND way to celebrate.

:silly:

Did he wipe the ice or did you just make it up? He went to a knee. I'll let you just watch this to refresh your memory.

22 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Did he wipe the ice or did you just make it up? He went to a knee. I'll let you just watch this to refresh your memory.

I was more so focusing on the dropping of one knee. Guess I don't get the big deal of what's so wrong with Jost rubbing the ice with a glove.

Nor do I find anything wrong with a player popping the jersey.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, SiouxSherm94 said:

There's not one good excuse out there for our level of play last night. It was a good start, but the slop is the reason that we were unable to hold a consistent lead through the full 60 minutes. I've said it, you've said it, we've all said it- our defense as a WHOLE has a lot of work to do. Even Tuck slipped up last night. We have captains not honing the leadership that's expected out of them, and when the boys hold themselves to a lower level of accountability, this is the result.

It's not a loss. But it's not a win either. I don't know about you guys, but when I see the word unbeaten it drives me nuts. Great, we haven't given up a loss yet in non-conference play but being referred to as unbeaten makes me cringe. 

We need a much better effort. If last night's tie wasn't enough to get the boys on the horse tonight, it'll be another week of much needed GRIND in the Ralph before we have Denver come in. For all we know we'll be seeing a much better team out of them than we are the U.

There's a lot of work to be done, sure... That's evident from watching last weekend's games. However, let's not forget that UND lost 43 percent of their scoring from last season. Meaning, UND isn't as experienced as last season, there are a lot of holes to fill. 

5 minutes ago, nodakgirl93 said:

Even if it's infront of opposing fans of the defending champs after you type up a regular season game? We all know it's a gopher thing. But we do not do that. 

It was an exciting game. I was at the game yesterday. Players on both teams were pumped when goals were scored.

But you are right, Gopher players do seem to have an affinity to jersey popping. I just don't have issue with it.