SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Minnesota - FRIDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

Call it a hunch, but I think we house them, tonight. I expect a fired up crew and the boys will see all the green and ride that wave.

http://daddydumpandchase.blogspot.com/2016/11/friday-gameday-8-06.html?m=1

5-2 -- Hobey Boeser x2, Gersh and Yon each get one to stick it to their Minny relatives, Pogo. All 5 goals from Minnesota boys.

Please beat the goofs

Not just win BEAT them - EMBARRAS them  both games

They are not worthy to be so privileged to play us

Discourage their fans so they don't want to go to Vegas next year so more tickets are available to us

Show these young fans that have not seen this rivalry what Sioux Hockey is all about

Make us old timers proud

3 minutes ago, wasmania said:

Curious why you think UND fans will have access to that many tickets?  I'm guessing something more likely 80/20 at best -  Mariucci is not Magness arena

Have you been to Mariucci for a typical UND game?  This year, with all the apathy and bitching about high prices by U of MN-Twin Cities campus fans, I expect a higher percentage of UND fans.   Do you see all the empty seats during any game at that arena over the past few years?  

4 minutes ago, wasmania said:

Curious why you think UND fans will have access to that many tickets?  I'm guessing something more likely 80/20 at best -  Mariucci is not Magness arena

I'd guess about the same. Why? Because the gophs have only had 60% of their seats filled now for quite some time.

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Call it a hunch, but I think we house them, tonight. I expect a fired up crew and the boys will see all the green and ride that wave.

http://daddydumpandchase.blogspot.com/2016/11/friday-gameday-8-06.html?m=1

5-2 -- Hobey Boeser x2, Gersh and Yon each get one to stick it to their Minny relatives, Pogo. All 5 goals from Minnesota boys.

Still think Holl got away with a high stick with the U's attack coming into the zone...but it doesn't matter anymore. Wilcox was absolutely lights out that game and had an incredible season, but that doesn't take away from our squad that year. Great group of men. 

Hoping a good week of practice has our boys reinvigorated for one of the biggest series of their lives. Very very excited to see what happens this weekend.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Off chance UND gets down by a few goals, can we say F it, go old school and drop some gloves?

They are absolutely terrified of this over on GPL.  They keep talking about how we "bully" them.  The victim culture that has spread throughout that program is incredible.

• Upvote 1

Just now, OshieRoll said:

They are absolutely terrified of this over on GPL.  They keep talking about how we "bully" them.  The victim culture that has spread throughout that program is incredible.

damn, we don't want to be bullies. If things get too heated, maybe the captains can meet at center ice, drop gloves, throw helmets and have a compliment match? Then the goalies can hug, we'll trade goals until we're at a satisfactory tie score (enough goals that teams feel good about their offense, but not too many to crush the defensive spirits), a few pats on the back and we can stop the game for treat time.

honestly, that big hitting, drop the glove mentality went out the door several years back now. I'd be shocked to see something like that happen, unless the cheap shots start flying and the refs don't control it. I don't even think we have a personality on the team that would look for that (a la Prpich, Hextall, Radke, Blood, Lamoreux, etc.)

• Upvote 1