SiouxSports.com Forum

Bracketology

petey23

On 11/21/2016 at 2:06 PM, UNDColorado said:

This is exactly it and I will not buy into it. I have stuck with this team since the D1 transition and I will be damned if I will cheer for another team "because it is good for the state." To those who throw out that argument- prove it, because i would bet money that these people would not support UND.

I agree, when it is your rival you don't cheer for them to win.  I went to Dickinson St, and when Mary or Minot St was in the playoffs, I wanted them to lose because I didn't want them to get farther than my team did.

On the other hand, though, for people that didn't go to NDSU or UND or live close to Fargo or Grand Forks, like myself, it is a different story.  I cheered for UND when Todd Kovash was quarterback because he was from my high school.  Still cheered for NDSU in the playoffs. Cheered for UND in the championship games against Grand Valley St. Cheered for NDSU the last 5 years.  This year I'll cheer for both as far as they go.