SiouxSports.com Forum

Bracketology

petey23

3 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Western Illinois is broke and working just to keep the doors open. They got outbid by Dayton in last year's first round to play in front of 997 people. No one is concerned about having to travel to Macomb.

Agree, Western Illinois is on the verge of dropping football let alone bidding on a playoff bid. 

By the way, this is our ticket into the MVFC when they drop their program. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Craig Haley was tweeting that this is very possible this year. The Big Sky had a better out of conference year than the Valley did. MVFC still had a nice year, especially with FBS games, but BSC had a nice year, especially head to head with MVFC teams.

MVFC had a OOC record against FCS of 14 - 5 with 4 wins against FBS, and a 3-4 record vs. Big Sky teams.

Big Sky had a OOC record against FCS of 10-4 with 1 win against FBS, and a 4-3 record vs. MVFC teams.

I see the Big Sky has one win more head-to-head win against MVFC, but the OOC success is not THAT much better than MVFC

11 minutes ago, 2TRU4U said:

MVFC had a OOC record against FCS of 14 - 5 with 4 wins against FBS, and a 3-4 record vs. Big Sky teams.

Big Sky had a OOC record against FCS of 10-4 with 1 win against FBS, and a 4-3 record vs. MVFC teams.

I see the Big Sky has one win more head-to-head win against MVFC, but the OOC success is not THAT much better than MVFC

But it's still better. 

A lot can happen in 3 weeks but I only see one MVFC team getting seeded.  

37 minutes ago, 2TRU4U said:

I hadn't actually looked into, I was just going off of Haley's tweets.

14 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

when it comes to bidding for a home playoff game do you think the canadd inn should/would/could kick in a little extra considering they would be benefitting big time from that game...just saying?

Maybe, depends how much extra they would bid, compared to how much extra revenue they would actually generate; and would the additional bid money from them really make much of a difference.

If you knew you were going to host someone like MT, who would bring a bunch of fans, then they would probably consider it. If you ended up hosting Western Ill. then I don't think the donation would be in their best interest, as you probably won't recover what you are spending.

For a business, its tough to make a blind contribution like then when you don't know what the results are. Though maybe they can write that off as a donation. Not sure.

SDSU has a history of good attendance when the weather cooperates, and bad attendance in cold wet weather.  In 2014, they had 3k for W Ill and 10k for USD both in November.  SDSU's bid will have a lot of risk associated with it.  Domed stadiums in the north are not so risky as open ones for bidding purposes.

31 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

SDSU has a history of good attendance when the weather cooperates, and bad attendance in cold wet weather.  In 2014, they had 3k for W Ill and 10k for USD both in November.  SDSU's bid will have a lot of risk associated with it.  Domed stadiums in the north are not so risky as open ones for bidding purposes.

Bidding over Thanksgiving weekend is the risk.  

I’ll be interested to see if UND is in the Selections Committees top 10 when it comes out tomorrow.  If they are then I will be excited.  With all the different polls and bracketology it is tough to really get a handle on what needs to be done for UND to make the playoff and get a seed.

Love the STATS Bracket though.

7 minutes ago, Big Green said:

I’ll be interested to see if UND is in the Selections Committees top 10 when it comes out tomorrow.  If they are then I will be excited.  With all the different polls and bracketology it is tough to really get a handle on what needs to be done for UND to make the playoff and get a seed.

I'm not going to bank on it. I'll say UND could maybe make the top 10 if they win their next two and get some help. But who knows!

7 minutes ago, Big Green said:

Problem that hurts UND is they don't play the last week.  So pollsters and selection committee members will see what teams did the last weak and maybe forget about what happened the weak before.  Getting a seed is possible if we win the last two games, but it is still a long shot.  Need lots of help.  

19 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Problem that hurts UND is they don't play the last week.  So pollsters and selection committee members will see what teams did the last weak and maybe forget about what happened the weak before.

UND better get used to it, they unbelievably have the same thing facing them next year.

9 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

UND better get used to it, they unbelievably have the same thing facing them next year.

I hadn't noticed that.  That is crazy.  Obviously with an odd number of Big Sky team, someone has to have the bye the last weekend of the season, but I assumed they rotated that around the conference and UND wouldn't be seeing it again for several more years (if ever, since Idaho will make it an even number).  

4 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

To go along with a much tougher schedule.   notable games:

@ utah

@ South Dakota 

@ montana

@ s utah 

@ portland st 

e wash- season finale 

What I like there, is E Wash @ the Hawks Nest to close out the Big Sky for us, we'll be a much improved team by Nov 2017! Just hope our fan support can improve at the same pace?