SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Minnesota

AZSIOUX

5 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Not predicting a UND sweep but after this weekend vs UMD there is zero chance they get swept. Too much talent and pride to s**t the bed 2 straight weekends.

In a related story, UMD superfan DrunkHockeyGuy s**t his bed on Saturday night after he got home from the post-game party at Grandma's.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Fetch said:

Can't imagine how painful it must be to be at the John & have too hear that Rouser or whatever the hell they call it & have to bear their fanatics if they win & even if we win they suck to be around - I just would be miserable & just have no desire to expirence that

Oh trust me, I've been around their fans at The John and at the Final Five at the X and they are truly insufferable. Next weekend will be about 100x more hostile than Duluth was.

22 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Oh trust me, I've been around their fans at The John and at the Final Five at the X and they are truly insufferable. Next weekend will be about 100x more hostile than Duluth was.

I went to school there for 6 years...lived there for 20...it is awful

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I will go with a split. Goofs are a soft team playing in a soft conference, but UND is a little disorganized right now, so can't predict a road sweep at The John. Wish we could have played them last year, those would have been two butt-kickings for the good guys.

Was talking about this with a buddy this weekend... woulda been so much d@mn fun lol.

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, fightingsioux08 said:

Light rail on saturday huh?  I have never used that....do I have to get there more than an hr before the game if I take the light rail?

Here's all your light rail info from someone who lives in the Twin Cities:

Green Line runs between Downtown Minneapolis and Downtown St. Paul (and you'll want to get off at the Stadium Village stop) so just make sure you're taking a Green Line light rail, and stand on the correct side (going the direction you wish to go - for example, going towards St. Paul or going towards Minneapolis)

https://www.metrotransit.org/metro-green-line

Green Line Schedule for times:  https://www.metrotransit.org/route/902

The best thing you can do is show up at a stop and buy an "All-Day Pass" which pays for your rides until 2 AM (the next morning) so that you can continue to ride if you want to go get some food/drink before or after.   Then you just hold the pass and don't need to buy anything else.  In fact, you can pocket the pass for the night unless a metro cop rides along and asks for proof of payment.  The pass is also good for any bus rides as well.

https://www.metrotransit.org/all-day-pass

There are plenty of restaurants and bars along the light rail, so it's a nice and easy way to park a car for free someplace else and take away the hassle of driving/parking and crowds.

If you're staying anyplace along the Blue Line (Mall of America, airport, etc.) then take the blue line towards Minneapolis, get off at the US Bank Stadium and wait for a Green Line towards St. Paul.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, burd said:

I'm feeling intimidated by UMinn.   They have such a famous  tradition going all the way back to John Mariuchi, plus all those high school players.   

That and playing the likes of Clarkson this year and tying them. You know, that Clarkson team that Lucia said is "One of the elite programs in college hockey with history and tradition."  LOL

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

That and playing the likes of Clarkson this year and tying them. You know, that Clarkson team that Lucia said is "One of the elite programs in college hockey with history and tradition."  LOL

Clarkson has a long history of success within the ECAC. The NCAA tournament.....not so much.

1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I'm not sayin' - I'm just sayin' Berry said something similar about Canisius too. Regardless, should be a fun series.

Super excited that is finally Goofer-Sioux week again!! Always a great week leading up to the games. After this weekend Duluth exposed some of our weaknesses. Now Berry gets to earn that paycheck and correct the issues. I think he does somewhat, as fixing them all will take more time, and we win Friday (we'll be pissed) and tie on Saturday.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nhockey30 said:

Super excited that is finally Goofer-Sioux week again!! Always a great week leading up to the games. After this weekend Duluth exposed some of our weaknesses. Now Berry gets to earn that paycheck and correct the issues. I think he does somewhat, as fixing them all will take more time, and we win Friday (we'll be pissed) and tie on Saturday.

I noticed on Saturday night Berry was doing a lot of line moving, trying to get something to click.

Boeser and Jost got separated and D pairings were moved around.

He's definitely not afraid to make in-game adjustments which is good to see.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Upper Deck said:

I'm not sayin' - I'm just sayin' Berry said something similar about Canisius too. Regardless, should be a fun series.

Can you show me this? I don't believe he would have said Canisius has a level of tradition and is an elite program. 

22 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I noticed on Saturday night Berry was doing a lot of line moving, trying to get something to click.

Boeser and Jost got separated and D pairings were moved around.

He's definitely not afraid to make in-game adjustments which is good to see.

Who did he put Boeser and Jost with, I was paying hard enough attention, I lost $10 gambling lol, it's not much but it's something 

6 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

Who did he put Boeser and Jost with, I was paying hard enough attention, I lost $10 gambling lol, it's not much but it's something 

If I remember right he put Boeser with Pogo and Gardner and Jost with Gersich and Yon?

However, my cup was filled with the shooters I had snuck into Amsoil so my memory is a bit foggy.

Plus, I'd rather not remember those games either :)

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

If I remember right he put Boeser with Pogo and Gardner and Jost with Gersich and Yon?

However, my cup was filled with the shooters I had snuck into Amsoil so my memory is a bit foggy.

Plus, I'd rather not remember those games either :)

He just switched Boeser and Pogo. They weren't playing together.