SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Minnesota

AZSIOUX

18 hours ago, John W. said:

Would be great just to talk about the game, but some go over the top.....I know this is a 'pro' UND blog....but some fans get a little 'full of themselves'...and take unjustified shots at opponents....and their fans...My point is that on Gopher blogs, much more interest in the Gopher-Purdue football game tomorrow...Gopher hockey is not a"passion" for UMN fans...but IS for UND..followers...Factoid!!!!!

Wow!  You make an interesting.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, DaveK said:

So... what does that say about Chris Porter's goal to beat the Gophers in the regional game?

From your point of view as gopher fan? Or from my point of view? From my point of view it was an awesome goal. Beating the gophers wasn't the ultimate goal though, so it sucks that we came up short. Still happy to beat the gophers.

1 minute ago, DaveK said:

What I meant was if the Gophers losing to Union in the title game took some of the sting out of the 0.6 game, then based on that very logic does Porter's goal somehow become slightly less enjoyable because of the fact that it did not lead to a national championship? I asked because I'm not quite sure if you're trying to have it both ways or if you're consistent both ways in your logic and rationale.

I think in a vacuum these are great moments for fans of both teams. At the end of the day (and I think you'd agree) winning a national championship is the ultimate goal for programs like North Dakota and Minnesota. Don't get me wrong I'm happy with the run we've been on recently, but I would of liked some more of those frozen fours to go our way. The Porter goal and the 0.6 game lose something for me personally with the let down of still ending the year with a loss. It's also different in the moment as opposed to looking back on these games years later. I'm probably rambling, but look at Golden State's season last year. I'm sure they would've been happy to lose 10 more games and win the title. It will also prevent them from being talked about as the GOAT because they didn't seal the deal.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DaveK said:

The new episode of the GPL Podcast reviewed the North Dakota/Minnesota series from a couple of weeks ago. They said something about a bunch of UND players giving the finger to the Gopher student section prior to leaving the ice after the conclusion of Saturday night's game. Did anybody here see what went down?

Ah yea....didn't happen!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, DaveK said:

The new episode of the GPL Podcast reviewed the North Dakota/Minnesota series from a couple of weeks ago. They said something about a bunch of UND players giving the finger to the Gopher student section prior to leaving the ice after the conclusion of Saturday night's game. Did anybody here see what went down?

Impossible.  Unless it happened at least 5 minutes before the game ended, there weren't any gopher fans still there. 

• Upvote 4

On 11/5/2016 at 5:56 PM, DaveK said:

What I meant was if the Gophers losing to Union in the title game took some of the sting out of the 0.6 game, then based on that very logic does Porter's goal somehow become slightly less enjoyable because of the fact that it did not lead to a national championship? I asked because I'm not quite sure if you're trying to have it both ways or if you're consistent both ways in your logic and rationale.

flawed logic...the logic would be that UND losing in the F4 would take some of the sting out of the Porter goal less for Gopher fans.  Akin to The Gophers losing in the title game takes some of the sting out of 0.6 for Sioux fans.  

It is about the sting of defeat, not the inverse.

4 hours ago, DaveK said:

Yeah, it looked something like this...

th?id=OIP.M588a487198cab6153d1d7ba6f9e4cb32o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=219&h=187