SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-2017 Season

MafiaMan

4 hours ago, iluvdebbies said:

After watching some of the Wis/goofers women's game today.....Idalski's biggest problem isn't his coaching....but his recruiting. No wonder he can't beat them. The talent level is night and day. Time for a change.

#hiremonique

I say no to Monique she is an volunteer assistant, so no. 

What's with all of the people who want to can women's hockey? Especially in comparison to softball. I hope Kennedy can save all our sports but if it comes to it, do we really need softball or soccer or tennis? I love all those sports and I know where they play but I promise you most of the students don't. It's fine if you like those sports better than women's hockey but go post your praise on their forums then. Or you can really blast your message and write a letter to the Grand Forks Herald and put your name on that and see what people say. If you like the other sports more then fine, go post your praise on their forums.

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

This isn't about liking one sport or another. No one wants to cut sports. However people want to be competitive in the sports UND sponsors. Spreading the budget thin across too many sports leads to not excelling in the things you do and that was before the budget was required to be slashed. Look at the numbers, they speak for themselves. Total net cost, net cost per student athlete, etc. One program sticks out way above the others. When trying to find $1.3 million requires either cutting 3-4 programs and 100+ student athlete opportunities or cutting 1 program and 25 opportunities, it should be a simple choice and it has nothing to do with what people like, it is making the common sense business decision.

That's all fine and well, but there is literally another forum for the issue of cutting sports. Put those comments there and leave this forum open for people who want to talk about women's hockey.

1 hour ago, Rebel_Sioux said:

That's all fine and well, but there is literally another forum for the issue of cutting sports. Put those comments there and leave this forum open for people who want to talk about women's hockey.

Who?  Where are they?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

After having a couple of letters forwarded to me via email from a couple parents whose daughter played for Idalski I would be absolutely shocked if he's back. The letters were sent to Faison Can't believe he's lasted this long. 

This is Faison after all.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, sioux rube said:

After having a couple of letters forwarded to me via email from a couple parents whose daughter played for Idalski I would be absolutely shocked if he's back. The letters were sent to Faison Can't believe he's lasted this long. 

10 hours ago, sioux rube said:

It was appalling and I will leave it at that. 

To me, this makes me still think they (UND) are trying to please the twins. I feel this program is being held hostage by the twins, they wanted Idalski before they came here.

I'm going to take your word for it, Idalski should have been gone yesterday and yesterday wasn't early enough.

• Upvote 2

Brian Idelski's record:

2016-17    North Dakota    14    14    6    .500                
2015-16    North Dakota    18    12    5    .586                
2014-15    North Dakota    22    12    3    .635                
2013-14    North Dakota    20    12    4    .611                
2012-13    North Dakota    26    12    1    .679                made NCAA tournament
2011-12    North Dakota    22    12    3    .635                made NCAA tournament
2010-11    North Dakota    20    13    3    .597                
2009-10    North Dakota     8    22    4    .294                
2008-09    North Dakota    13   19    4    .417                
2007-08    North Dakota     4    26    6    .194    

No conference regular season or post-season titles.

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/stats/coach/wid,202/brian-idalski/#ixzz4Zcr5oI00 

• Upvote 1