SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-2017 Season

MafiaMan

12 minutes ago, talksalot83 said:

Monique and Jocelyne are still with the program. Volunteer assistant coach and Strength and Conditioning coach. I don't think Fabian is the answer if there needs to be a coaching change. 

Idalski is the reason they transferred to UND, they don't play here anymore so keeping Idalski here because of the twins shouldn't be a reason to keep him.

I'm all for "new blood" in the women's program.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Cratter said:

Assuming UND doesnt make the playoffs this year, Idalski will have only made the playoffs 2 out of 10 years and 0 in the last 4 years.

Ouch. Appears to be the last year of his contract like Brian Jones.

And those 2 years were with the 

Lammy twins. 

• Upvote 1

Given their schedule I not entirely sure they will hang on to home ice (13 points isn't that much to overcome where series are worth 6).

Its frustrating to me being that there is more than enough talent to not have these issues.  Even back in the Lammy/Special K days there was the occasional stumble against MSU.  I understand that even the best opponent can be beaten by an underdog, but in UND case they have a very small margin of error if they are not getting the wins against the Gophers and Badgers.  Even in the most successful year (2012-2013) if Parizak doesn't bury that game winner against Bemidji, they don't get in to the NCAAs due to earlier stumbles against MSU and OSU back in October. Even though they beat the Badgers twice that year, went 3-0-1 against UMD, and split against a top 10 team in Clarkston.

Even with 3 top players out playing for national teams, I would still expect them to beat a 3 win Lindenwood team.

With Duluth having a nice year, its shrinks the margin even more. 

Did the program grow under Idalski, I can't disagree with that.  However, stagnation in a program is never good and it is time for a new voice if Idalski doesn't make the NCAAs. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/17/2016 at 3:55 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

They split with Lindenwood this weekend.

A 3 win Lindenwood......

No less than winning the WCHA tourney will get them in the NCAA tournament and save Idalski's job

Unbelievable. Losing to Lindenwood. They might was well play the Devils Lake high school girls hockey team. What an embarrassment. 

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else notice Hajdu putting out a Tweet about this yesterday? 

He's a former UND women's hockey assistant. 

1. FINAL: No. 9 RMU 5, Brown 3 Congratulations to head coach Paul Colontino on this major milestone! Great way to close 2016

C1CK490WEAESBZc.jpg
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, WiSioux said:

Maybe you should attend a game. Take some friends who haven't been. Try and start a turn around

Not sure how based on my comment you can even assume I've not (or have for that matter) attended a WH game?  Sounds like you're on the offensive against me w/o any facts?  What I stated was mostly factual, nothing to do with fan attendance, popularity, etc.  What's your point/connection?  I even said they're a good/decent team, wish it was better, and yet you seem to be piling on me.  What gives?

Not trying to pile on you in particular. Many UND fans are very gung-ho about cutting this program while few have ever actually attended a game. After spending the entire football season listening to the fans bitch about attendance I just thought someone should stick up for women's hockey. These women work hard and deserve some positive attention

I know a woman who plays on this Fighting Hawks women's hockey team....she works very hard and is dedicated to her sport...as are all athletes at the D1 level...no one denies their dedication and effort...however,,let's take ND as an example....I would venture there are more  individual high school athletes in baseball ...softball...and perhaps soccer...than participate in girls hockey...yet those sports are...or are considering to be cut...so not only is it financial, but popularity of the sport..that deserves consideration.....on merit ..not politics...

• Upvote 1

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 9:10 PM, GDPritch said:

So nobody has commented on UND women's hockey since a month ago?  Just shows you the state it's in, at least here at UND.  I really wish it was better, good/decent team but for like a dozen or more years now can't clear that last hurdle.

There may be a reason for that other than a lack of interest.  I tend look to the USCHO board since it has more objective discussion with posters that watch the games. 

1 hour ago, planet2county said:

There may be a reason for that other than a lack of interest.  I tend look to the USCHO board since it has more objective discussion with posters that watch the games. 

USCHO?  All credibility gone planet...that site is an effing cesspool.

• Upvote 3

Local talent????? Really.....?????  There's not enough of that....especially in ND....MN women have many in state programs...equal or superior to UND....Look at female rosters of UMD, Bemidji State, and ST. Cloud  State....they are UND's competition for female talent....

3 hours ago, John W. said:

Local talent????? Really.....?????  There's not enough of that....especially in ND....MN women have many in state programs...equal or superior to UND....Look at female rosters of UMD, Bemidji State, and ST. Cloud  State....they are UND's competition for female talent....

Minnesota, North Dakota, Manitoba, and Saskatchewan are all "local" with regard to recruiting.  

• Upvote 4

Oh, I lost my mind....in keeping with the theme of this site...I must repeat 3 times before commenting..."UND has the greatest coaches, the greatest athletes, provides the greatest education, had the greatest nickname and logo, and the most loyal , OBJECTIVE...and supprtive fans of any university in the nation and never raise issue with any of the aforementioned" What was I thinking???