SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota v. Weber St.

bincitysioux

Seen a few highlights from the idaho st game....Unds o line cannot be pushed around like that again.  Idaho st's push was incredible...hope und was just having a bad day and will be corrected by Saturday.  I believe it will be.  

Defensively, up front,  we will be alright.  The secondary scares me and it seems like weber is throwing the ball fairly well. Need pressure on their qb...make him uncomfortable.  Hunt is being picked on...the return of Reyes will  no doubt help.  

People of GF, und fans, students, etc....get to the game....this team is worth the price and has more then warranted a loud raucous crowd.  Be there. Be loud. Be proud!   Bubba is building something special ...partake! 

• Upvote 4

42 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Seen a few highlights from the idaho st game....Unds o line cannot be pushed around like that again.  Idaho st's push was incredible...hope und was just having a bad day and will be corrected by Saturday.  I believe it will be.  

Defensively, up front,  we will be alright.  The secondary scares me and it seems like weber is throwing the ball fairly well. Need pressure on their qb...make him uncomfortable.  Hunt is being picked on...the return of Reyes will  no doubt help.  

People of GF, und fans, students, etc....get to the game....this team is worth the price and has more then warranted a loud raucous crowd.  Be there. Be loud. Be proud!   Bubba is building something special ...partake! 

Idaho St had a couple monster DTs. Not sure why their run d was so bad before because they were pretty solid against us. Maybe it was playing at home that made them play better. They have been on the road a lot so far this year.

2 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Idaho St had a couple monster DTs. Not sure why their run d was so bad before because they were pretty solid against us. Maybe it was playing at home that made them play better. They have been on the road a lot so far this year.

They are always good vs. UND.  Not sure why but they are.  Maybe because UND doesn't spread them out and attack all over the field like most Big Sky teams do?  No idea.

57 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Agreed!

I need to start some vocal exercises - I've lost most of my voice by the third quarter the last two home games ;)

• Upvote 2

I would like to see us run more out of 10,11 and 20 personnel this weekend. Last week was a lot of 21,22,31, and a few times it even looked like 41. When we are in the big sets there are so many guys in the box. The bengals typically had 8 within 4 yards of the line of scrimmage. I'm sure Weber state will run something similar this week. 

Defensively we need better effort this week. Last week went through the motions and squeaked out a win. 

Let's go boys! 

• Upvote 1

My big want for Saturday is for the front seven needs to disrupt the opposing qb.  They only have six sacks in the their last six games compared to seven in the first two games.  Cieslak being doubtful hurts, wonder if greer will be back?  He's been out for a month now, would be great to have him back. 

Watched the local news(wdaz) last night......apparently und football doesn't play this weekend.  They talked und hockey, women's hockey, MBB, WBB and NHL.  Wednesday night and no word about a big game in GF against two undefeated big sky teams that between the two teams have won a total of 11 games in a row.  Huge playoff implications for both teams.  This game needs to be hyped by the media every day.  Exposure peeks peoples interest 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, siouxfb said:

I would like to see us run more out of 10,11 and 20 personnel this weekend. Last week was a lot of 21,22,31, and a few times it even looked like 41. When we are in the big sets there are so many guys in the box. The bengals typically had 8 within 4 yards of the line of scrimmage. I'm sure Weber state will run something similar this week. 

Defensively we need better effort this week. Last week went through the motions and squeaked out a win. 

Let's go boys! 

Yeah, the defense was far more questionable than the offense vs Idaho State. Hopefully the return of Cole Reyes sparks that unit on Saturday. Oh, and also being home and playing with crowd noise! 

GET TO THR ALERUS ON SATRUDAY, MAKE NOISE WHEN WEBER STATE'S OFFENSE IS ON THE FIELD, AND DISRUPT THEM! 

Go Hawks!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

My big want for Saturday is for the front seven needs to disrupt the opposing qb.  They only have six sacks in the their last six games compared to seven in the first two games.  Cieslak being doubtful hurts, wonder if greer will be back?  He's been out for a month now, would be great to have him back. 

Watched the local news(wdaz) last night......apparently und football doesn't play this weekend.  They talked und hockey, women's hockey, MBB, WBB and NHL.  Wednesday night and no word about a big game in GF against two undefeated big sky teams that between the two teams have won a total of 11 games in a row.  Huge playoff implications for both teams.  This game needs to be hyped by the media every day.  Exposure peeks peoples interest 

Greer did play against ISU

10 minutes ago, mj23 said:

Bison fan checking in.  UND has been solid for a good chunk of weeks now and they could have played better against idaho st but a win is a win.  This team can stay healthy and somehow get a home game in the first round, watch out.  I honestly see you guys finishing out 9-2.  UND will beat Weber this weekend around the score of 27-17.  I'm impressed with how well Bubba has turned it around.  I do find it a shame that come playoff time the committee will match you up with Montana or SDSU and then a trip to Fargo.  UND is better than a lot of other teams and should really be matched up against some bs east coast team.  If the committee seeded teams without regionalization bs, then UND would advance at least 1 -2 rounds.  Good luck this weekend.

Thanks for stoppin by. The team is definitely moving in the right direction. I sure hope 9-2 is where we sit come selection time. We'll just have to see what happens with some other schools to see where we actually land in terms of playoffs.

I don't believe UND would get matched up against a conference opponent in the first round so MT would be out; even if that were possible we would certainly be on the road. If we were to play an SDSU in the first round, location would all come down to the bid.

A lot can happen in the next few weeks. It only takes a few big upsets across the country to really throw a wrench into the layout of the playoff picture.

10 minutes ago, mj23 said:

Yeah likely SDSU, idk what i was smoking stating Montana but you got my point anyway.  I hate how they set up the seeding.  There is absolutely no reason any of the top teams should face each other early.  I would love to see some east coast teams being played against Montana, UND, SDSU, UNI etc instead of playing each other every year in the first or 2nd round.  I think SDSU has had some serious title contenders in the past few years but they always ended up playing in Fargo while some crappy east coast teams coast against lesser competition.  I could be bias but whatever.

1986 Bison vrs. Coyotes in the National Championship game, DII days.  The NCAA didn't like this very much as the NCC ended up with 2 conference teams in close proximity to each other in a National Championship game in Alabama.  Today, the FCS doesn't care if teams from the same conference play in the final, NDSU vrs. Ill. St., they seemed more focused on close proximity games.  It will be interesting if the 3 or 4 Dakota teams get in........will they all play for 1 spot in a region???  I wouldn't bet against it.

36 minutes ago, mj23 said:

Yeah likely SDSU, idk what i was smoking stating Montana but you got my point anyway.  I hate how they set up the seeding.  There is absolutely no reason any of the top teams should face each other early.  I would love to see some east coast teams being played against Montana, UND, SDSU, UNI etc instead of playing each other every year in the first or 2nd round.  I think SDSU has had some serious title contenders in the past few years but they always ended up playing in Fargo while some crappy east coast teams coast against lesser competition.  I could be bias but whatever.

Some could say it is bias, but I don't think anyone, even a top team would prefer to go play in the stadium of a consecutive nat'l champ.

Lets get a UND/NDSU title game, so we can all get drunk in Frisco. haha! Maybe even throw the nickel down too :)

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Big Green said:

What time does the Team show up?  I'm not big into tailgating, but would like to be in the parking lot to see the team arrive and walk to the arena.

Count on 2 hours and 30 minutes before game time to be safe.  It was around 10:35 for the last home game.

16 minutes ago, Ozzie82 said:

Count on 2 hours and 30 minutes before game time to be safe.  It was around 10:35 for the last home game.

Guessing that was because Bubba stopped in the Champions Club tent for a quick speech. But yeah, doesn't hurt to be there a little early.

It sure would be nice to have a bye this week, get rested up, healthy....and just have a break and then get refocused for the last three games!  We certainly can win the next three, which would be 9 straight wins.   It's not easy to stay on task 9 straight games though and a little break would have been nice.  That's why I wasn't as upset as much as some others last Saturday when that game was closer than we'd like.  Teams rarely are able to bring their A game every single week, the important thing is that we got the win.  Oh well we just have to strap em up this week and the next two weeks and take care of business.