SiouxSports.com Forum

World Series

darell1976

21 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

The national league represents baseball in it's purest form. 9 players on each team. not 10.

That said, go Indians. the Cubs Curse must continue into perpetuity. Their failure to win a World Series is good for baseball.

I'm waiting for it to be game 7 bottom of the 9th and the Indians come back down three, but I don't think it's progressed that far get.....first world series For the cubs in a gazillion years is all the curse will probably allow for now.

As a Cubs fan I would rather sit through the 100 loss season of a few years ago than this crap.  Get shutout for the fourth time in the last four games, pathetic.  In the words of Denny Green they are who they thought they we're, an overrated team.  Could Bryant stike out any more in key situations in these playoffs? MVP I don't think so.  Could this team chase any more balls in the dirt?  Hard to imagine, but we'll probably see more of it tonight.   These are the Washington Capitals of baseball, great regular season and choke in the playoffs.

Congrats Indians on what looks like you will be ending your long championship drought.

4 hours ago, siouxweet said:

As a Cubs fan I would rather sit through the 100 loss season of a few years ago than this crap.  Get shutout for the fourth time in the last four games, pathetic.  In the words of Denny Green they are who they thought they we're, an overrated team.  Could Bryant stike out any more in key situations in these playoffs? MVP I don't think so.  Could this team chase any more balls in the dirt?  Hard to imagine, but we'll probably see more of it tonight.   These are the Washington Capitals of baseball, great regular season and choke in the playoffs.

Congrats Indians on what looks like you will be ending your long championship drought.

I didn't realize that the Indians were up 7-0 in the game in the bottom of the 9th with two outs...and up 3-0 in the series.  

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I didn't realize that the Indians were up 7-0 in the game in the bottom of the 9th with two outs...and up 3-0 in the series.  

Pretty darn close with Kluber on the hill for the Tribe, if Cubs lose tonight for all intense and purposes it will be over.

13 hours ago, Speez said:

Yea, game 7 coming. Anybody's series?

Precisely.  Starting pitching can win any game, and in game 7 it can be everything.  Anyone who watched the Twins win the 1991 series, with Jack Morris throwing that game 7, knows this very well!  Get to the pitcher early, because no one is starting tomorrow, everyone is available in the bullpen (even if it's just for one batter), and it's all or nothing.

Cubs getting it done so far. Lead off homer was a good sign for them.

I'm a born & raised south side Chicago White Sox fan so it is against my upbringing to cheer for the Cubs.

It would be nice to see them win it so a lot of born & raised Cubs fans can die happy,