SiouxSports.com Forum

Nchctv stream problems

Redneksioux

7 minutes ago, southpaw said:

That depends.  From his response, it seems like he paid for 20 mbps service.  Which actually isn't a full 20 even if connected via ethernet cable.  Combine that with him using a wireless setup and us not knowing how far away his computer is from his router it could be a pretty slow connection.

Speedtest.net or fast.com and he should know. I've streamed HD (or what appeared pretty dang close to it) netflix and youtube as low as 3 mpbs.

I get 74mb down with Speedtest on my phone. I use it as a personal hotspot often to stream with no problems. Issues remain with nchc tv. Picture will appear hd quality at times and others very fuzzy and blocky. Picture continues to be hoppy-almost like a lower frame rate you see on some security cameras. The only streaming this happens to me with is nchctv. 

23 hours ago, Speez said:

Just retired & moved to Wisc. with new internet server. Fiber optic cable with great service on everything else. Has 20 kps download speed with wi-fi to my desktop computer. Last 2 games were both lousy & kept losing sound last night thru the whole game. Must be my new location. Very rarely had any problems with my wifi setup back in ILL. last year. Bought Roku for the games. Hopefully will be better if they ever get that worked out.

Don't believe what Neulion or nchc tells you.  It's NOT on your end.

When I was having problems,  Neulion sent links to test speed from 3 different servers. 2 were fast,  1 was terrible at my location.  Assumed I was getting it from the bad one,  as it rarely worked

• 3 weeks later...