SiouxSports.com Forum

Nchctv stream problems

Redneksioux

There are complaints currently documented in five different threads, four of which are previous game threads and I'm starting this thread to hopefully get all problems listed here. Maybe the nchc could take a look and realize there is a problem with their webcast at und.

The RPI game was terrible in the first period. Constant video stop and buffer and  going fast while picture looked like Nintendo  blades of steel. Video got better in the second to go back downhill in the third. 

I also had had issues with video both other weekends to have nchctv tell me it was on my end while others here were having the same issue.

So please report your issues to nchctv AND use this thread to document as well. 

I am just glad we have played somewhat meaningless games so far, they are all important in the PW, but so far the competition has not made for exciting hockey. If I had to watch a close game against Denver or any other NCHC/good team with the streams we have received so far this year I would demand a refund from NCHCTV! Last night sucked so bad I turned it off and listened on the radio. 

I have had the same issue, but have found a work around at the moment.  So on the apple tv you just select the game you want and it loads up.  Let it start and hit pause for 4-5 minutes and unpause it.  It will be smooth the rest of the game.  It basically is not handling the amount of people watching and having a hard time trying to buffer while watching live.  I realize you will be 4-5 minutes behind and not "live" but it is watchable until it gets fixed.  Very frustrating that this even has to be an issue.  Try doing this next friday.  Worked well for 3 different times I tried it.  Basically you are just letting it buffer ahead a bit.  It is just like watching a movie on Netflix.  They start loading the movie and you are basically watching a few minutes behind as it loads infront.

I agree they have had serious issues across the board since the start of the season.  This is the first weekend that I have been able to stream the game on Apple TV (3rd generation), from my IPad Air2.  It was not without some error messages and difficulties, but at least I got it to work this weekend.  I had sent in numerous complaints regarding the issue, and it still is not perfect, but it did work.  I had used the same system all of last year and did not have any problems.  They first blamed my system, but NCHC.TV is the only streaming that I have had issues with on my Apple TV.  Fox Sports Go and the Wisconsin-BC game streamed perfectly.  CNN, Blaze TV, ESPN and others stream perfectly.  Neulion is definitely a weak link and something needs to be done very quickly to improve customer support and overall capabilities.  They no longer do the NHL, so something is up.  The only thing that I would say is, Please-Please-Please, continue to send them complaints and copy the NCHC folks as well.  That has helped my situation.

I'll admit, I'm glad to hear others have had problems too. I was thinking it was just my computer. Hopefully they have this fixed ASAP. Also would like to see that Roku app out by the end of the month, as the whole reason I bought a Roku was to watch NCHC hockey. Won't need it as much the second half of the season as so many games are on TV.