SiouxSports.com Forum

Final 5 Championship

Snake10

Since this game has little to no impact on the NCAA seedings I think the major concern is that nobody from either team gets hurt. That said, to me this game rides on how much desire the gophers play with (Sioux intensity is more consistent). I believe (hope) that UMN plays like they did in outscoring the #4 team in the 6-1 and outshooting them 32-13 (WOW!) in the 2nd and 3rd periods last night and deny the Sioux the Broadmoor 5-4 in O.T. with a goal from a hustling Thomas Vanek taking advantage of an over-agressive Brandt. :silly: Bigger picture I hope this game is a pre-curser to another meeting in Boston.

this will be a tough, hard hitting game. If the Gophers come out flat like last night you will KILL us. So I hope we can come out with intensity and make a good game of it. Like Cavedurtis said, let's just keep our teams healthy for the future rematch!

I'd say 5-4 Gophers in OT (marron and gold glasses!)

WPoS

this will be a tough, hard hitting game.  If the Gophers come out flat like last night you will KILL us.  So I hope we can come out with intensity and make a good game of it.  Like Cavedurtis said, let's just keep our teams healthy for the future rematch!

I'd say 5-4 Gophers in OT (marron and gold glasses!)

WPoS

Go sit on your glasses :huh:

I say both teams lose their offensive power seemingly as both sides play very conservative hockey. Briggs will keep the game close and Brandt will do the usual.

Sioux win 3-2. Game winner: Nick Fuher shot from the point. I say Porter and Parise get the other two goals.

For the Gophers, Koalska and R. Potulny score. Vanek gets a + in the column but no points. :silly:

Sioux win 5-3.

It has been written, therefore it shall be.

I guess it's a done deal. I'll watch anyway just to make sure the Sioux win!

I think this is a great "tune up" before the NCAA's for both teams. I'm glad the Sioux will get a quality opponent before the regional. I am a little concerned that without this game, UND might be a bit lethargic going to the Springs...

I guess it's a done deal. I'll watch anyway just to make sure the Sioux win!

I think this is a great "tune up" before the NCAA's for both teams. I'm glad the Sioux will get a quality opponent before the regional. I am a little concerned that without this game, UND might be a bit lethargic going to the Springs...

Good point...and by the looks of the article in the Star Trib this morning Blazer ripped into them after the game yesterday for stupid penalties and a lackluster effort. Great quote by Bo.....said..."I have finally found a coach that wants to win as much as I do".....

It'll be a memorable night . . . .

Sioux have the motivation, the rest, and the crowd. Not to mention the goaltending.

6-2. At least.

Can't wait to see all of the long faces dressed in the brown and yellow.

Took a bs parking tag from a St. Paul patrol this afternoon. Commercial spot on a Saturday. Obstructed plates because of my Fighting Sioux plate cover. I'm fighting it baby. Get that officer there, and have him admit that the only reason he wrote it is because he is a Gopher fan who suffered, however momentarily, from a lapse of good judgement and sound reason, and a small case of penile envy.

Go Sioux.

I have a good feeling about this night.

The last games we really NEEDED to play well were against UMD, and we got a strong defensive effort and good goaltending.

Plus, we get last change, which means Prpich McMahon and Fylling (Note, I expect Blais to add more speed to counter Riddle and Koalska) will be able to bump Vanek and co.

Final: UND 3, MN 1.

Can't wait for this one. what a way its been setup for the championship !! 2 talented teams going head to head. I think both teams have palymakers when talking about vanek and parise. 2 talented freshman with brady and ryan p.. i believe the sioux have even more talented freshman in the long run.. stafford jordan, smaby and porter who are key role players out there.. i believe the difference is goaltending. i like our chances in any type of game that happens weather its fast or tight checking.. jake or jordan will win the game tonight the way i look at it.. i hope thats what happens anyway.. no injuries and lets move on to COLORADO SPRINGS next weekend.... we will pack rto sullivans tonight in AZ to watch the sioux win!!!!!!!!! 4-2 SIOUX

Parise -2

murray- 1

stafford- 1

vanek-1

ballard-1

LETS GO SIOUX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Took a bs parking tag from a St. Paul patrol this afternoon.  Commercial spot on a Saturday.  Obstructed plates because of my Fighting Sioux plate cover.  I'm fighting it baby.  Get that officer there, and have him admit that the only reason he wrote it is because he is a Gopher fan who suffered, however momentarily, from a lapse of good judgement and sound reason, and a small case of <b>penile envy</b>.

hehehe, go for it man! That would be delishious for you guys to get a Gopher fan on public record in a court of law to admit that. ;):D

Can't wait for this one. what a way its been setup for the championship !! 2 talented teams going head to head. I think both teams have palymakers when talking about vanek and parise. 2 talented freshman with brady and ryan p.. i believe the sioux have even more talented freshman in the long run.. stafford jordan, smaby and porter who are key role players out there.. i believe the difference is goaltending. i like our chances in any type of game that happens weather its fast or tight checking.. jake or jordan will win the game tonight the way i look at it.. i hope thats what happens anyway.. no injuries and lets move on to COLORADO SPRINGS next weekend.... we will pack rto sullivans tonight in AZ to watch the sioux win!!!!!!!!! 4-2 SIOUX

Parise -2

murray- 1

stafford- 1

vanek-1

ballard-1

LETS GO SIOUX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How right you were... it was an even game and in the end the difference was goaltending.

How right you were... it was an even game and in the end the difference was goaltending.

No. Both goaltenders were sub par.

The real difference was TURNOVERS. Every time (seeminly) UND turned it over it was in the Sioux zone. And every time (seemingly) the Sioux paid for it.

No. Both goaltenders were sub par.

The real difference was TURNOVERS. Every time (seeminly) UND turned it over it was in the Sioux zone. And every time (seemingly) the Sioux paid for it.

Both teams played poorly I thought.....Gophers didn't win the game - the Sioux lost the game. Direct result of two turnovers in their zone. Other than that I would say it was fairly equal. Win some lose some..in the grand scheme of things it really makes no difference. Nice to see G Potulny go out like that though. Either way...no big shake.

Both teams played poorly I thought.....Gophers didn't win the game - the Sioux lost the game. Direct result of two turnovers in their zone. Other than that I would say it was fairly equal. Win some lose some..in the grand scheme of things it really makes no difference. Nice to see G Potulny go out like that though. Either way...no big shake.

And we're the arrogant ones?

But you're right, the big game is looming. I hope MN is there.

I'd echo Potulny's comments about not wanting to play the Sioux, but now it appears inevitable. The Gophers will not be able to put up a fiver against the Sioux next time, so they will have to dramatically improve defensively and in nets to beat UND again.