SiouxSports.com Forum
SiouxVolley

Carson Wentz taking Philly by storm

51 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Didn’t go to either school. Why do folks get their undies in a bunch when some of us enjoy seeing success from either school?  I don’t get it. That goes for any college in North Dakota. If Minot St is playing for a championship in whatever sport I’m pulling for them too. 

I have uncles that would agree with you. They too did not attend either school.  When you attend one of the schools it just doesn’t work that way, particularly in football.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

I have uncles that would agree with you. They too did not attend either school.  When you attend one of the schools it just doesn’t work that way, particularly in football.  

Actually...

:glare:

22 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

No disrespect to Mr. Wentz, but Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind, who was murdered for her unborn child, was (unfortunately) the most noteworthy person in Fargo Forum's coverage area this year. 

22 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Sad story for sure but the person of the year goes to someone who has done good in the community and state. No disrespect either for what Miss Greywind and her family went through. 

Agree.......noteworthy and what the Forum recognized Wentz for are 2 completely separate topics. Carson has been a great representation of himself, his faith and the state of ND. He's the anti- "Crap"ernick which we need more of in pro sports.

• Upvote 4

35 minutes ago, Hayduke said:

Wentz is a North Dakota kid.   Yeah, he's got my support.  I don't care if he went to NDSU.  Hope he comes back next year and continues to tear it up.

In the meantime, Foles better enjoy his single (probably) playoff game.  Philly isn't the same team without Wentz. 

I don't care either way about Wentz. He doesn't play for the Vikings, so for me.....meh.

1 minute ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I don't care either way about Wentz. He doesn't play for the Vikings, so for me.....meh.

All hail King Keenum!

1 hour ago, sioux rube said:

Didn’t go to either school. Why do folks get their undies in a bunch when some of us enjoy seeing success from either school?  I don’t get it. That goes for any college in North Dakota. If Minot St is playing for a championship in whatever sport I’m pulling for them too. 

Minot State isn't a rival of ours. UND boosters rooting for NDSU in the FCS playoffs is like Auburn fans rooting for Alabama tonight in the FBS semifinals.

To each their own, I guess.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

My 2 older brothers went to UND. My dad went to NDSU. I went to neither. Dad took me to many Bison football games when I was a kid and also UND hockey games. Again I’m all for anything North Dakota. 

5 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

All he does is win, baby. #packstillsuck

Yup a career record of 20-18 screams winner! 7-15 prior to this season.

#oneyearwonder

Foles, Flacco and I could go on.............Keenum will be on that list too.

..........at least he's not Hundley!!!

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Yup a career record of 20-18 screams winner! 7-15 prior to this season.

#oneyearwonder

Foles, Flacco and I could go on.............Keenum will be on that list too.

..........at least he's not Hundley!!!

I don't care what he did before this season. Keenum is earning himself a nice contract, either in Minnesota or someplace else.

And I wouldn't be too hard on Hundley. The kid got put into a tough situation and I think he did the best he could.

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Agree.......noteworthy and what the Forum recognized Wentz for are 2 completely separate topics. Carson has been a great representation of himself, his faith and the state of ND. He's the anti- "Crap"ernick which we need more of in pro sports.

He’s like Rodgers except his teammates actually like him. :D

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, sioux rube said:

I'm from Minnesota and I still like Wentz. He's a good guy with an inspirational story. Same could be said of Thielen. While I didn't cheer for either in college, I have no problem cheering for them in the pros. 

Like @sioux rube I'll typically cheer for my home state teams assuming UND isn't playing them. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Minot State isn't a rival of ours. UND boosters rooting for NDSU in the FCS playoffs is like Auburn fans rooting for Alabama tonight in the FBS semifinals.

To each their own, I guess.

funny thing to say "to each their own" when you want to stomp on another person's interests...

1 hour ago, 90siouxfan said:

funny thing to say "to each their own" when you want to stomp on another person's interests...

So I am "stomping on another person's interests" because I won't support NDSU? ???

25 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I am not a hunter or an outdoors person, but I have no problem with people who enjoy those things.

I'm in the same boat. It's not something I ever did growing up, but I also have no problem with it.

• Upvote 2