SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Attendance

nodak651

I think this game will get a good amount of "overall UND fans" that don't typically come to UND football games. The type that are sick of hearing about NDSU, and are glad to hear UND is winning. I think there will also be a good amount of "grey area fans" at this game. There are a lot of these "grey area fans" in our state that like whatever UND team or NDSU team is successful at the time. They go to these games as a social event, and know it will be fun because winning is a high probability so everyone will be happy and having a good time. This is very common at UND hockey and NDSU football games....full of people there just to have a good time that really don't know much about the team. Like it or not, this would be good for UND football and I hope it catches on. Filling seats brings in money. 

16 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

Let's turn this to positive:  there are a good number of REALLY good seats available, talking between the 40s...buy these up UND fans!!!  Gonna be a crazy environment in there 8 days from now.

We need to make a big push starting on Monday to get these seats sold. Right now, Thanksgiving and Black Friday is all people are thinking about.

4 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Price per seat in past have been set by NCAA, same price exists for best and worst seat in the arena. Heard earlier in the week that pre-playoff bid only applies to hosting first round games, which we are not part off????

Bid applies to any game between two unseeded teams I believe. 

5 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Price per seat in past have been set by NCAA, same price exists for best and worst seat in the arena. Heard earlier in the week that pre-playoff bid only applies to hosting first round games, which we are not part off????

I believe every round has a minimum bid (which increases as the rounds progress) which must be met by the host team. However, the highest seeded team only needs to meet the minimum bid in order to host. This differs than round 1, where you not only need to meet the minimum bid but also outbid your opponent.

17 minutes ago, Stromer said:

That's the story with my seats. Haven't missed a game all year but the nyc tr ip was already booked.

This is what I was worried about. A lot of UND fans bought tickets for MSG and of course some of them also had football season tickets. Looked over the available seats in the Hawk's Nest, and there are quite a few.  Also noticed the 2200 student seats in 3 sections (212, 213, 214) are shown as not available but may have many available seats. Lastly Section 217 shows 520 seats blocked off for visiting team and are shown as not available. So, potentially there are even more seats available than shown on Ticketmaster right now. And, of course it is early yet, hoping for many more tickets to be purchased!