SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Attendance

nodak651

57 minutes ago, Cratter said:

I would assume it's all tickets sold to this point, whether, students, season ticket holders or not.

I agree that it would make the most sense to count season ticket holders in the current count, but only 2,000 doesn't make sense if you were including them.

Each section has around 730 seats (4 at end are less), below is what it currently looks like. Student tickets / Season ticket holders are already blocked off and we won't know until tomorrow how many season ticket holders claim the same seats.

We know 600 student tickets have been bought, I'm also assuming that nobody has season tickets in the sections inside the 10 yard line. Tickets sold inside those 4 sections comes to over 1.300. Include that with the student tickets you get to around 2,000.

Basically, not a single season ticket holder in sections 203 - 207 and 215 & 216 would renew for this playoff game if those were in the count. Based on that, it appears more likely that season ticket holders aren't in that current count.

1204 Seating Chart.PNG

20 minutes ago, AJS said:

Based on that, it appears more likely that season ticket holders aren't in that current count.

1204 Seating Chart.PNG

I thought season ticket holders had through tomorrow to claim tickets, then open to public. If so, season ticket holders would be the only sales right now. 

26 minutes ago, AJS said:

I agree that it would make the most sense to count season ticket holders in the current count, but only 2,000 doesn't make sense if you were including them.

Each section has around 730 seats (4 at end are less), below is what it currently looks like. Student tickets / Season ticket holders are already blocked off and we won't know until tomorrow how many season ticket holders claim the same seats.

We know 600 student tickets have been bought, I'm also assuming that nobody has season tickets in the sections inside the 10 yard line. Tickets sold inside those 4 sections comes to over 1.300. Include that with the student tickets you get to around 2,000.

Basically, not a single season ticket holder in sections 203 - 207 and 215 & 216 would renew for this playoff game if those were in the count. Based on that, it appears more likely that season ticket holders aren't in that current count.

1204 Seating Chart.PNG

I retract this, looking at 2017 season tickets you can buy, most in the sections inside the 10 are season tickets. Yikes, I agree, only 2000, counting everything so far.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, VMeister said:

I thought season ticket holders had through tomorrow to claim tickets, then open to public. If so, season ticket holders would be the only sales right now. 

To claim their seats, the public can buy any none season ticket holders seat right now.

2 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Disappointing. Lot of time left though. 

Very disappointing.... I expected more at this time. There has to be more than 1300 season holders?....right?  600 tickets sold for the students and 200 hundred of those havent even been picked up.... :angry:

The game isn't for 11 more days with thanksgiving sandwiched in between and it's only been two days of sales....but this definitely  feels like a kick in the groin to the football program.  Let's hope that the majority of sales will come next week.... No reason for 10000 or less!! 

I wish I'd have checked this thread before buying my tickets. I went to Ticketmaster and did the "best seats available option." To get two seats together they would have been near the end zone and pretty high up. I ended up buying two single seats one row apart in section 203. I didn't even think to wait until season tix were released.

Oh well - I'll be in the building, which is good enough for me! Go Hawks!

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, LkvlleUNDFan said:

I wish I'd have checked this thread before buying my tickets. I went to Ticketmaster and did the "best seats available option." To get two seats together they would have been near the end zone and pretty high up. I ended up buying two single seats one row apart in section 203. I didn't even think to wait until season tix were released.

Oh well - I'll be in the building, which is good enough for me! Go Hawks!

I know people in the past that have bought 2 tickets (one in a row above the other) like you did. Fans in the Hawks' Nest are pretty good about moving over a little so you get to sit one behind the other. Just be polite, ask and explain, mostly likely you'll be accommodated! Remember you have two rows of fans to work on and maybe a little movement each way on both rows gets the job done. It's always seemed to me, that there are so many empty scattered single seat tickets here. Anyone know why, could it be with TicketMaster, and people choosing there own tickets, therefore leaving a seat open and then taking their 2 or 4 tickets? One would think if you bought your tickets from a ticket seller at the ticket office, that the ticket sellers would be trained not to have open seats all over in the middle of sections.

Maybe things were a little lax in ticket sales, because we never come close to selling them all????? Lots of empty single seats scattered in reserved sections. Just a taught, not shooting arrows at anyone, did some season tickets holders do this intentionally to have an empty seat next to them? 

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Maybe things were a little lax in ticket sales, because we never come close to selling them all????? Lots of empty single seats scattered in reserved sections. Just a taught, not shooting arrows at anyone, did some season tickets holders do this intentionally to have an empty seat next to them? 

I'm guessing there was not a need for someone to purchase one additional season ticket in order for it to be sold.  

There are often not many times someone is looking for one season ticket by itself. 

Before the season started we were called to see if we'd be willing to slide down a seat as we're our neighbors to make a pair available. 

7 minutes ago, homer said:

I'm guessing there was not a need for someone to purchase one additional season ticket in order for it to be sold.  

There are often not many times someone is looking for one season ticket by itself. 

Before the season started we were called to see if we'd be willing to slide down a seat as we're our neighbors to make a pair available. 

Looks like an attempt was made, so that's good. Thanks!  It seems like we're challenged here at this time at filling the Hawk's Nest, but I can see in the near future that we might have sell outs. This team has great potential and therefor more fans will eventually follow.   

I think we will be ok.  With the game being a couple weeks out and the lack of a need for urgency when purchasing tickets for past games, I didn't expect things to fly off the shelf.  I do think after the holiday weekend things will pick up and there will be a great turnout. 

I am just hoping things pick up where they left off in the 4th quarter of NAU.  That was fun and is the type of fan engagement we need to rebuild the atmosphere and home field advantage of the Alerus.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, homer said:

I think we will be ok.  With the game being a couple weeks out and the lack of a need for urgency when purchasing tickets for past games, I didn't expect things to fly off the shelf.  I do think after the holiday weekend things will pick up and there will be a great turnout. 

I am just hoping things pick up where they left off in the 4th quarter of NAU.  That was fun and is the type of fan engagement we need to rebuild the atmosphere and home field advantage of the Alerus.

And with this being the week of Thanksgiving, people are busy with travel plans or plans to have family visiting for a couple of days. Next week is the week to start pushing this game hard.