SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Attendance

nodak651

11 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

so how about all the whiners and crybabies here who don't think they will have 7000 make this a GRASSROOTS movement and make an effort not only to attend but BRING SOME FRIENDS TOO!  (nd fans mainly - we assume any bison fans up here have NO friends so that's okay) 

SERIOUSLY!!! Screw those lazy ass lumps that say "i'll watch it on tv":-)  TOTAL LOSERS!!!!

Bring 10 People you didn't think would come and bring a grill and some burgers....THE GAME IS INSIDE SO IT'S FINE and SAFE!

HAVE FUN and say you were THERE!! IN THE ALERUS!  

do it!

This^ bring some friends to tailgating. Bring people on the fence, show 'em how much fun it can be, and hopefully get'um hooked and wondering why haven't i gone to more games.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Season ticket holders have until 6pm on Wednesday to purchase their tickets. Anything not purchased gets released so expect to see some more blue dots on the map mid-week.

Yeah can't believe that many people already bought tickets in the one hour they've been available now.

12 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

The game will be poorly attended because students get 500 tickets free, the NY game leaves alot of fans gone, not all season ticket holders will get tickets, and the bizon play earlier so alot of people will watch at home with the hockey game.  Richmond isn't that attractive of matchup, and NC A&T is worse.

6000 fans but they will be loud.

You just posted several of the sorry a$$ excuses that have been used by people to explain the poor attendance at our FB games (even our very important FB games) over the years. And I refuse to accept any of them.

ZERO excuse we shouldn't have 8,000 to 10,000 for this game. Z-E-R-O

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Season ticket holders have until 6pm on Wednesday to purchase their tickets. Anything not purchased gets released so expect to see some more blue dots on the map mid-week.

The game is also two weeks away, not one week, so some non-season ticket holder fans will likely put off getting their tickets until later.

IN about an hour 500 tickets already sold. Good start so hopefully they can maintain the momentum.

I would like to see someone who posts on here who also lives in Grand Forks to let us know what the advertising effort looks like from now through game day next week. My hope is that this is getting pushed everywhere but tough for me to tell other than social media.

• Upvote 1

I was @ Engelstad ticket office at 10:00 this morning, they didn't open windows till 10:00, I bought 9 tickets for kids and grandkids. The guy ahead of me was buying 4, he asked were best tickets were and was told in section 215. Well, he took his time looking over available seats, and when he finally dicided to buy in sec 215, he lost 6 rows, from apprently tickets being sold on line and/or @ Alerius, because they only had two windows open @ Engelstad.. After he paid for his tickets, I asked him if it also took him that long to stand up cheer after UND scored a tocuhdown. He laughed, so did a few behind me.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

So the deadline for season ticket holders to commit is Wednesday. November 30th?

until 6pm on Wednesday

Several in line at the Alerus this morning,  picked up 1 for a friend. 4 in 215 were sold just ahead of me

4 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Thanks - don't know if I should buy now or wait??

Well based on some of the prognostications on this thread there will be plenty of good seats available even if you just want to walk up on Dec. 3.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I am buying a couple tickets right after the season tickets holders release some.

I wouldn't hope for much success there. The best seats are for sale now, because IMO, not many season ticket holders will not buy. Season tickets holders will have friends, family, co-workers, and so on who will take their tickets. This is a pretty big game and tickets may be in bigger damand than SS posts elude too.

4 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

So The students can buy tickets for $5.  I am assuming it is general admission.  I hope this isn't going to be an issue...BUT....what happens when 2 days before the game, they have only sold half of the seats in the student section.  Do they sell the rest as GA?

I would guess they're specific seats and no GA.

I'm liking the people putting down $100 to buy 20 tickets for students.  That noise could be big for the home team.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Thanks - don't know if I should buy now or wait??

Would guess most season ticket holders would buy theirs. There are 4 next to me in 215 that must be season tickets since they haven't been on the available seat list all year,  but no one has ever used them.

Don't know how many you need together,  but there are currently good seats available. 

Just now, northdakota18 said:

The 500+ free student tickets purchased by Nodak Nation and donors are already gone.. friends I had a tough time getting to a game this year seem pretty hyped for this playoff game

very cool to hear! Some donor just bought 50 more student tickets if you have friends still looking

• Upvote 1