SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Attendance

nodak651

I am guessing around 8000. We will be there for our 2nd game in a row. This after we haven't been to a game in a few years.

The tournament committee gave us some respect seeding us 7th. Now we need to continue to prove we deserve it on the field. I hope we come out sharp and healthy in a couple of weeks. I expect we will. Time to shut a few fan bases up with winning games.

46 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

This football program deserves a full house, so I have no problem making threats and negative comments if the puck heads can't think logically and show up. 

Shouldn't the Betty have been full for volleyball yesterday? Maybe the footballers can't think logically and show up.  See how that works!

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Rock Chalk Fighting Hawk said:

Why doesn't anyone have any hope?! This is the first ever Division I playoff football game at the Alerus, I would hope our fan base isn't  too pathetic to not be able to get at least 10,000. Anything less is embarrassing in my eyes. I will be there, and i  will be loud.

Because many of our best fans already have flights to New York.  Can't be two places at once.  That's my reasoning, and I'll be happy if we can break 8K.  Hope I'm wrong.

46 minutes ago, Rock Chalk Fighting Hawk said:

Why doesn't anyone have any hope?! This is the first ever Division I playoff football game at the Alerus, I would hope our fan base isn't  too pathetic to not be able to get at least 10,000. Anything less is embarrassing in my eyes. I will be there, and i  will be loud.

Were you at the last home game that gave us the possibility of setting up a home playoff game? That was in essence a home playoff game and the attendance wasn't what it should have been.  If student attendance was bad at that game, what do you think it will be like if they have to pay?

53 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Because many of our best fans already have flights to New York.  Can't be two places at once.  That's my reasoning, and I'll be happy if we can break 8K.  Hope I'm wrong.

That's the number I'm thinking too....need to get at least 8k.  Really hoping we hit at least that to make it respectable.  9 or 10k though sure sounds better.   Either way the fans that do show up just need to make noise! 

UND had over 11,000 in the stands against South Dakota this season. Now, IN THE PLAYOFFS FOR THE FIRST TIME AS A DI PROGRAM, we are hoping for 3000 less than that in order to be satisfied. That is just pathetic. I highly doubt those 3000 people are flying to New York City.....

Let's just hope UND keeps winning and hope for the best moving forward, I guess. Can't do much else.

• Upvote 3

The game will be poorly attended because students get 500 tickets free, the NY game leaves alot of fans gone, not all season ticket holders will get tickets, and the bizon play earlier so alot of people will watch at home with the hockey game.  Richmond isn't that attractive of matchup, and NC A&T is worse.

6000 fans but they will be loud.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

10 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

UND had over 11,000 in the stands against South Dakota this season. Now, IN THE PLAYOFFS FOR THE FIRST TIME AS A DI PROGRAM, we are hoping for 3000 less than that in order to be satisfied. That is just pathetic. I highly doubt those 3000 people are flying to New York City.....

Let's just hope UND keeps winning and hope for the best moving forward, I guess. Can't do much else.

I never said I'd be satisfied with 8k, said we better get at least 8k to make it respectable, not that I will be jumping for joy if we only get 8k.  10k is really where it should be.

10 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I never said I'd be satisfied with 8k, said we better get at least 8k to make it respectable, not that I will be jumping for joy if we only get 8k.  10k is really where it should be.

I was just referencing the estimates of 6k to 8k, not necessarily saying you or anyone else would be happy with those numbers. Nevertheless, there is no reason UND's playoff games should be the lowest attended games of the season - it is just so counter-intuitive that it makes my blood boil.  

1 minute ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I was just referencing the estimates of 6k to 8k, not necessarily saying you or anyone else would be happy with those numbers. Nevertheless, there is no reason UND's playoff games should be the lowest attended games of the season - it is just so counter-intuitive that it makes my blood boil.  

I agree, it's a little baffling that we can get 10 or 11k early in the year and then only get 8k for a playoff game.  I realize that Potato Bowl and Homecoming have a lot of things going on and that helps with attendance.....but still seems like we should get at least 10k for a playoff game.  Our late season attendance numbers just haven't been good the last few years.....which sucks.  Our fan base isn't use to playing meaningful games this late in the year, but seems to be even MORE reason to go to the game! 

so how about all the whiners and crybabies here who don't think they will have 7000 make this a GRASSROOTS movement and make an effort not only to attend but BRING SOME FRIENDS TOO!  (nd fans mainly - we assume any bison fans up here have NO friends so that's okay) 

SERIOUSLY!!! Screw those lazy ass lumps that say "i'll watch it on tv":-)  TOTAL LOSERS!!!!

Bring 10 People you didn't think would come and bring a grill and some burgers....THE GAME IS INSIDE SO IT'S FINE and SAFE!

HAVE FUN and say you were THERE!! IN THE ALERUS!  

do it!

• Upvote 4