SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Attendance

nodak651

10 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

UND is playing for a Big Sky Championship on Saturday.  The biggest game at the Alerus since we moved to D1.  We are pretty much guaranteed to be in the playoffs and this may be the last time that we get to see this team play at home.  If that isn't enough to get you out to the Alerus to support this team, noting is.  It's time for people to get out and support a winning team and a potential Championship team.  

If we win, we will have a chance to have a home playoff game. So by filling the place, we will increase our chances of having one more game.

If we end up with 6,000 or *gulp* less, I will be very disappointed in our fans.

Personally, I can't wait for Saturday.  But UND/Alerus staff/whoever's job it is to drive attendance has to work hard this week.  It's a three-day weekend for many - no school in GF, no classes at UND on Friday. 

Just brainstorming...Junior Champions club kids get in free, $10 ticket for their parents.  $10 fb ticket if you show your hockey or VB ticket.  Football season ticket holders get to buy extra tickets for this game for $10.  Champions Club members can buy tickets for $10 this week.  These are  the ones I can think of that UND athletics has easy access to via email.  

Serve coffee and donuts in the Alerus lobby and offer veterans $5 tickets on Friday (Veterans Day). Or how about 2 for 1 tickets for senior citizens since Saturday is Senior Day.  Or free parking.  Food/drink specials?  I'm sure there are way better ideas out there.  I just want them to do everything they can to make Saturday a big deal in GF.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

If we end up with less than 9,000, I will be very disappointed in our fans.

In other words, I expect to be disappointed. 

9000 would still be a huge embarrassment IMO. With a potential conference title at stake one would like to think 10000 would be the floor. My crew will be taking in VB, FB and hockey Saturday. 

• Upvote 3

Ballpark around 8,300 tickets sold so far. Not sure how that compares to other weeks but is getting near Weber attendance, which was frankly embarrassing. Need to do better this week. Weather should be helpful and make for a nice tailgating morning.

• Upvote 1

Many have said that certain media entities need to plug the game, but how much do people, who may go to a football game, really need the media to pump them up for it? Either you are aware of the fine work the team has done, because you've been following them or you aren't aware of it. If a person hasn't been following the team, do you think they will have an epiphany this week and think, "Gotta go to that one."?

The historical attendance tracking that was published earlier indicates that even in the "glory" years this was not a 10,000 person crowd for this game. Thus, I'm not getting too upset if people don't show.

Winning a conference and then a playoff game will help boost attendance next year though. I have season tix this year and will for a long time.

• Upvote 2