SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Attendance

nodak651

10 hours ago, darell1976 said:

The combination of Muss, NDSU and the Big Sky is affecting attendance. I bet everyone in the region could've named everyone in the NCC, now ask how many they can name in the MVFC, and the Big Sky and it's probably a low number with the common answer of the Dakota 4, UNI, the Montanas and either UNC or EWU. It doesn't help not playing the other Dakota 3 yearly and fighting them for the conference title. Then you got NDSU, people climbed off of the UND bandwagon around 2004 or so and joined up with them when we stayed DII and they were beating FBS teams. Winning titles doesn't help our cause because the media loves them and we are just a box score. Then you have Muss...that just speaks for its self.  

Solution: dump the Big Sky for the MVFC, keep winning with Bubba ball, and hope somehow between the two NDSU will slip from their title run and people can climb off their bandwagon and back on ours.

Had to look it up to remember that Western Washington, Central Washington, St Cloud, Minnesota State were NCC members. (Did remember Minn. Duluth. ;) )

also did not realize that Creighton, Des Moines University, St Thomas and Nebraska Weslyan were founding members.

Other than the other 3 Dakota schools, prefer the Big Sky to Summit.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

36 minutes ago, zonadub said:

Had to look it up to remember that Western Washington, Central Washington, St Cloud, Minnesota State were NCC members. (Did remember Minn. Duluth. ;) )

also did not realize that Creighton, Des Moines University, St Thomas and Nebraska Weslyan were founding members.

if you don't remember St Cloud and Mankato were in the NCC you must be what 10?

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, zonadub said:

We had some really good games against St. Cloud. I remember being in St Cloud to see a really close one. I want to say we won on a GF, possible in OT. That may have been a playoff game too. I remember they had a stud RB at the time. This was probably '04ish.

1 minute ago, siouxfan512 said:

We had some really good games against St. Cloud. I remember being in St Cloud to see a really close one. I want to say we won on a GF, possible in OT. That may have been a playoff game too. I remember they had a stud RB at the time. This was probably '04ish.

in St Cloud, Band went and we get yelled at by St Cloud fans for being there when it should have been their day.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

2004 First Round game at St. Cloud's Husky Stadium. They had a lead late in the game, then their running back fumbled and we recovered. We ended up tying the game with a FG and won it in double OT with a FG. I was there, great win.

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

2004 First Round game at St. Cloud's Husky Stadium. They had a lead late in the game, then their running back fumbled and we recovered. We ended up tying the game with a FG and won it in double OT with a FG. I was there, great win.

I was there also.  Forgot the details but thanks for the reminder

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, darell1976 said:

if you don't remember St Cloud and Mankato were in the NCC you must be what 10?

Not quite grasshopper  

2 hours ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

How come everyone forgets augustana and morningside?

Remember Augue and Morningside. Lost interest when the NCC became watered down with St Cloud and Central/Western Washington. 

29 minutes ago, zonadub said:

Not quite grasshopper  

Remember Augue and Morningside. Lost interest when the NCC became watered down with St Cloud and Central/Western Washington. 

St. Cloud joined in 1981, Central/Western Wash joined in 2006. So it was watered down for 27 years up til the league folded in 2008?

22 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

St. Cloud joined in 1981, Central/Western Wash joined in 2006. So it was watered down for 27 years up til the league folded in 2008?

yeah. could'a fooled me on the 1981 start date. 

Got re-interested when UND was offered to join the Big Sky.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, zonadub said:

yeah. could'a fooled me on the 1981 start date. 

Got re-interested when UND was offered to join the Big Sky.

The NCC got watered down during the last of the 2000's, starting with the departure of UNC, NDSU, SDSU. Then the conference never really recovered when the Washington's and Duluth joined. 

• Upvote 1