SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

13 hours ago, Rebel_Sioux said:

I think both of your examples are better than our current Hawk logo.

For those of you who think that a new secondary (or primary) Hawk logo wouldn't improve fan support than you haven't been listening (or reading). Sure, some die hard fans will never be appeased by anything other than Sioux, but most people that oppose the current logo dislike it for one of two reasons (or both):

1. No vote, an interim president made the choice

2. It's an objectively bad logo. 

If Kennedy has the opportunity to fix Schafer's mistake, than more power to him. 

There is the con that he will take heat for spending yet more money on the issue, but if he does it right I think it would be worth it. 

The same people that complained how badly the nickname vote was run? In how they changed the rules after the first round and was okay with a plurality winning the vote until a mountain of criticism changed their minds to make it right? Can you blame Schafer for doing that? I don't, I didn't want to go through another vote on the logo after how badly it was botched.  He wanted it done before Kennedy step on this campus, a vote would not have accomplished that.  

That con is pretty huge given that the university is going to have to cut things again it appears, that isn't a good look,  and oh... that WIH lawsuit is still sitting out there and why would the university do anything to give that longshot lawsuit any chance of breathing room. "So the University can spend hundreds of thousands of dollar on replacing an unpopular logo and marketing of said logo, that money could have been used to save the program."

The University has bigger fish to fry right now. 

Right now the only winning move is not to play.

On 7/26/2018 at 5:06 AM, southpaw said:

How is it objectively bad?  Let's hear some facts, figures, graphic design concepts, etc on why it can be proven to be a bad logo.

Perhaps I should have said subjectively. But seriously, if an official poll was done that asked if fans like or dislike the logo (not the name, just the logo) does anyone here really think the majority would say yes?

3 hours ago, Rebel_Sioux said:

Perhaps I should have said subjectively. But seriously, if an official poll was done that asked if fans like or dislike the logo (not the name, just the logo) does anyone here really think the majority would say yes?

Majority or plurality? :D

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/26/2018 at 9:41 AM, SWSiouxMN said:

The same people that complained how badly the nickname vote was run? In how they changed the rules after the first round and was okay with a plurality winning the vote until a mountain of criticism changed their minds to make it right? Can you blame Schafer for doing that? I don't, I didn't want to go through another vote on the logo after how badly it was botched.  He wanted it done before Kennedy step on this campus, a vote would not have accomplished that.  

That con is pretty huge given that the university is going to have to cut things again it appears, that isn't a good look,  and oh... that WIH lawsuit is still sitting out there and why would the university do anything to give that longshot lawsuit any chance of breathing room. "So the University can spend hundreds of thousands of dollar on replacing an unpopular logo and marketing of said logo, that money could have been used to save the program."

The University has bigger fish to fry right now. 

Right now the only winning move is not to play.

The money spent on a new logo doesnt even cover travel expenses for one season.  Let alone being enough money to save the program.  And I'm sorry, but it's necessary to have a logo for an athletic department.

• Upvote 1

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:19 AM, nodak651 said:

The money spent on a new logo doesnt even cover travel expenses for one season.  Let alone being enough money to save the program.  And I'm sorry, but it's necessary to have a logo for an athletic department.

I don't disagree with anything that you are saying.  Unfortunately, the general public doesn't believe that sadly. 

• Upvote 2

On 8/12/2018 at 10:19 AM, nodak651 said:

I was told that the women's hockey team was literally pulled off the ice and notified that their funding was being re-directed towards a new logo.  Any truth to that rumor?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

I was told that the women's hockey team was literally pulled off the ice and notified that their funding was being re-directed towards a new logo.  Any truth to that rumor?

I heard that they weren't even spoken to at the last practice...rather, the surface cooling system was quietly turned off and the ice literally melted under their skates.  At which time they returned to a padlocked dressing room and found their personal belongings strewn about the grounds outside the building.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

I heard that they weren't even spoken to at the last practice...rather, the surface cooling system was quietly turned off and the ice literally melted under their skates.  At which time they returned to a padlocked dressing room and found their personal belongings strewn about the grounds outside the building.

If this is true it’s absolutely disgusting. I do find it hard to believe though 

2 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

... and found their personal belongings strewn about the grounds outside the building.

9 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

If this is true it’s absolutely disgusting. I do find it hard to believe though 

That part is not true. Nothing was outside; it was scattered all about in the main concourse. 

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I see Trevor Kidd is wearing a Fighting Hawks hat in this video piece on Joe Murphy.  His daughter plays soccer at UND.  

https://www.tsn.ca/video/tsn-original-finding-murph~1466368  (7 min mark)

Sad to see what happened to Murphy.  

Wow. I'm speechless. What a well-done piece about a very very sad topic. Oh, and Kennedy should be very proud of her father. Awesome guy. Godspeed, Murph.

18 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

Wow. I'm speechless. What a well-done piece about a very very sad topic. Oh, and Kennedy should be very proud of her father. Awesome guy. Godspeed, Murph.

I had a hard time getting through it. It was very sad. It doesn't seem that long ago that Joe Murphy was playing in the NHL. I remember the Kid Line back in the 1990's. My question is, how many other former players are struggling like this? My next question was, doesn't he have a pension with through the NHL and or the NHLPA? 

On 8/25/2018 at 9:42 AM, Goon said:

I had a hard time getting through it. It was very sad. It doesn't seem that long ago that Joe Murphy was playing in the NHL. I remember the Kid Line back in the 1990's. My question is, how many other former players are struggling like this? My next question was, doesn't he have a pension with through the NHL and or the NHLPA? 

To qualify for an NHL pension you have to have played 160 NHL games and be age 45. The pension amount isn't great, but it's more than a lot of working folks make. 

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, UND1981 said:

I read Brad Berry's thank you letter to season ticket holders this past weekend.  No mention of FH name, logo or new mascot. 

That's because he voted in this poll 3 years ago and gave it an "F" and he still thinks is sucks!

• Upvote 3