SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I've said from the start that logo looks best small, like a shoulder patch or on a helmet, or like the FB teams' polos. 

And I don't mind Lexie Shaw's new blocker. The split logo on the pads? Meh. 

CrtZN0pVMAAo619.jpg (900×1200)

I like it . . . sorry, i know that's probably not the cool thing to say, but i think that's the best use of the logo i've seen so far.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, 77iceman said:

I like it . . . sorry, i know that's probably not the cool thing to say, but i think that's the best use of the logo i've seen so far.

I have a wife and daughters. No men in the home other than me. I have learned long ago never make a comment about women and their pads.

6 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Maybe those of us who had a lot invested in the Sioux name are a little biased in evaluating the new logo?

I think there's probably some truth to that.  It's hard for a lot of us to be objective about it.  I actually find myself hating it less every day.  Part of that is just that I decided it's not worth hemming and hawing and booing and crying about it.  We need to support the athletes and this is what they will be wearing.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, streetsahead said:

I think there's probably some truth to that.  It's hard for a lot of us to be objective about it.  I actually find myself hating it less every day.  Part of that is just that I decided it's not worth hemming and hawing and booing and crying about it.  We need to support the athletes and this is what they will be wearing.

I will always support the athletes and the teams...I just can't support that horrible name and logo.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, streetsahead said:

Agreed completely with this post.

I'm past the point of complaining about it.

Will I still sport my awesome Fighting Sioux gear? Hell yeah

Will I still support my UND sports teams? Absolutely

Given the non-sense (trespassing, defacing) going on with the SRST right now in Morton County, I'm more than glad UND no longer has any reason to be beholden to that organization.

So I guess I'm more and more accepting of the new name and logo every day. 

DISCLAIMER 1: My comments are based on what the SRST is allowing to happen in their name. 
DISCLAIMER 2: This is not about pipelines or environment. This is not political.
DISCLAIMER 3: You always have the right to protest ... peacefully, lawfully

34 minutes ago, Fetch said:

My wife will give it to all our grandkids & any other Family that wants it 

I will have to see what is available ....maybe a hat ????

Still wish they would get some with the D fixed

576d475302824_NDv.2.png.740aa8fb18741dff653d002c3853d005.png.bebaf1d19faa57ee4c552d4b4a028395 (2).png

Fetch, I'm gonna agree with you on that - this small fix-it makes the logo more visible, it certainly becomes obvious that it's an N and a D. 

1 hour ago, UND1981 said:

Will I buy any new FH gear?  No

I find it funny that people have to explicitly repeat this fact over and over and over again as if it will somehow make a difference

As I was typing this I was thinking 'Someone is going to follow this up and say Do I still hate the new logo? yes'

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

Fetch, I'm gonna agree with you on that - this small fix-it makes the logo more visible, it certainly becomes obvious that it's an N and a D. 

It's an obvious improvement, yet I don't think they would ever entertain the thought of making the change.  

2 hours ago, Fetch said:

My wife will give it to all our grandkids & any other Family that wants it 

I will have to see what is available ....maybe a hat ????

Still wish they would get some with the D fixed

576d475302824_NDv.2.png.740aa8fb18741dff653d002c3853d005.png.bebaf1d19faa57ee4c552d4b4a028395 (2).png

The N and the D are formed as a result of the hawk in front of it.  Sure they could have done block lettering with a hawk head in front of it, but SME made a logo where the hawk actually forms the letters N and D.  That is what makes this logo unique from the other bird logos out there (or any other for that matter).