SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

14 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

You realize you're acting like the proverbial "snowflake" because your name got taken away, right?  

No I’m actually not. I don’t accept the hawk logo but I also don’t complain when someone calls them the hawks. You like the logo then great, your life,  just don’t tell me to accept it then get mad when I don’t

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Emerald joker said:

No I’m actually not. I don’t accept the hawk logo but I also don’t complain when someone calls them the hawks. You like the logo then great, your life,  just don’t tell me to accept it then get mad when I don’t

What do you mean you don't "accept it"? Like you just pretend reality isn't happening all around you and all the FH logos you see are part of some alternate world that you're dropping by in? You pretend that the settlement never happened, the FS nickname and logo was never retired and the items that they still sell with the FS logo don't have "Dacotah Legacy Collection" on them? I'm very curious on how one chooses not to accept reality.

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Or, ask Flickertail alumni or Fighting Aggies alumni. Wait there all dead?

I'm pretty sure there are GF Central alums, pre-Knights, pre-Maroon (?), on this forum. 

17 hours ago, Emerald joker said:

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

What do you mean you don't "accept it"? Like you just pretend reality isn't happening all around you and all the FH logos you see are part of some alternate world that you're dropping by in? You pretend that the settlement never happened, the FS nickname and logo was never retired and the items that they still sell with the FS logo don't have "Dacotah Legacy Collection" on them? I'm very curious on how one chooses not to accept reality.

real.jpg

17 hours ago, Emerald joker said:

Fine, that's half way, are you willing to state truth to complete the journey? 

"The eternal notion of truth, conformity of thought with reality, impels us to say: This displeases me and annoys me, but it is none the less true." -- Reginald Garrigou-Lagrange, O. P.*

UND's nickname is Fighting Hawks and the logo we have for it is the logo we have. Thought. Reality. Truth. 

*He is one of the greatest neo-Thomists since, well, St. Thomas Aquinas (the original Thomist) defined truth as "conformity of mind with reality", and philosophy has yet to overcome that. 

There are many that feel that the Fighting Sioux name and logo was never offensive, and that people that thought it was should just move on because what is offensive to some isn't always the case for others.  But now, some of those same people are saying that they take offense to the Fighting Hawks name and logo because they thing it sucks.  Obviously different reasons for being offended by each logo, but the mindset is the same.  If you bitched and moaned about the PC idiots at the NCAA that tried to tell you that you should be offended by the Sioux name and logo yet now bitch and moan that the new name and logo is offensive....you might be a hypocrite.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

There are many that feel that the Fighting Sioux name and logo was never offensive, and that people that thought it was should just move on because what is offensive to some isn't always the case for others.  But now, some of those same people are saying that they take offense to the Fighting Hawks name and logo because they thing it sucks.  Obviously different reasons for being offended by each logo, but the mindset is the same.  If you bitched and moaned about the PC idiots at the NCAA that tried to tell you that you should be offended by the Sioux name and logo yet now bitch and moan that the new name and logo is offensive....you might be a hypocrite.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

So you were told that the logo for the school you cheer for wasn't acceptable.  And now you are doing the same thing and saying the logo of that same school is unacceptable.  The definition of a hypocrite.  Truth hurts.

I think what he's trying to say is that that comparison isn't exactly what I'd call "strong" or "equivalent" lol.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I think what he's trying to say is that that comparison isn't exactly what I'd call "strong" or "equivalent" lol.

Typically you aren't going to admit you are hypocritical.  Not something someone admits to and is proud of.  I get it that it isn't EXACTLY the same situation.  But you have to acknowledge the similarities at the root of the issue.  

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

Just now, Siouxperfan7 said:

Typically you aren't going to admit you are hypocritical.  Not something someone admits to and is proud of.  I get it that it isn't EXACTLY the same situation.  But you have to acknowledge the similarities at the root of the issue.  

Lol if you say so, man. I think that comparison was apples and oranges, but so be it.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Wow, your REALLY hoping that that’s how I think aren’t you. Whatever you want to think man.

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Fine, that's half way, are you willing to state truth to complete the journey? 

"The eternal notion of truth, conformity of thought with reality, impels us to say: This displeases me and annoys me, but it is none the less true." -- Reginald Garrigou-Lagrange, O. P.*

UND's nickname is Fighting Hawks and the logo we have for it is the logo we have. Thought. Reality. Truth. 

*He is one of the greatest neo-Thomists since, well, St. Thomas Aquinas (the original Thomist) defined truth as "conformity of mind with reality", and philosophy has yet to overcome that. 

I know the nickname is the hawks, I cringe anytime I even think that, but they’re still the Fighting Sioux to me.

4 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

I know the nickname is the hawks, I cringe anytime I even think that, but they’re still the Fighting Sioux to me.

Thus you do not know truth, as truth is conformity (alignment) of mind and reality. 

• Upvote 4