SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Just now, darell1976 said:

To some people it’s the curse of the Fighting Hawk nickname.

Sure. But that doesnt carry much weight as the Curse of the Ben Brien logo maybe held more water .... So what really works is "UND" How about just using the newer "UND" wordmark.

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Yet somehow it's on the shoulder patch ... 

And it was the official nickname in April 2016 ... 

That name hangs on the only National Title banner since the REA was built. Of course people forget that title (see Berry’s contract extension).

26 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Well, technically the Fighting Hawks logo is a "letter" logo.  Ours just happens to be formed with a hawk head!! ;)

No. It's not. If you remove the bird mark negative space, the area left does not form the Letter "N" the font would be off on the far left of the N ... the green space does not accuratley portray the N.

I can provide example later to visual explain.

5 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Sure. But that doesnt carry much weight as the Curse of the Ben Brien logo maybe held more water .... So what really works is "UND" How about just using the newer "UND" wordmark.

That logo won UND a football title in 2001. 

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

stoney,

You keep saying majority.

The only scientifically proven majority to speak on this issue was when the state-wide electorate said the name and logo had to go (with something like 66% of the vote). 

After that we have a plethora of pluralities:
- the no-nicknamers who are really FSF in NN clothes
- the open FSF crowd
- true no-nicknamers and there are a few
- the "happy it's over; I can live with this" crowd (admittedly that's me) 
- the "this logo/nickname is < disparagement here > -- let's have a do-over" crowd

To claim a majority view right now might be a bit presumptuous. . 

I would be a combo plate.

Unfortunate that we lost one of the most iconic names and logos in college sports due to forces beyond control and the unfortunate PC mindset.

I can live with the name even though we could have done better.

The logo? Nope, it is aweful. Other schools have touched up or tweaked their logos over the years without changing their name. We should move that timeframe up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

No. It's not. If you remove the bird mark negative space, the area left does not form the Letter "N" the font would be off on the far left of the N ... the green space does not accuratley portray the N.

I can provide example later to visual explain.

Oh please, please do. 

(I'z gotzta see this ... ) 

3 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Exactly.  The REA is making a statement with this decision.  And that is that they don't support the Fighting Hawks logo.  They are too afraid of offending the Sioux Forever crowd that they are actually offending those of us who have embraced the name and logo.  Yeah, the logo is a polarizing symbol.  But the REA is pouring gas on the fire and making it worse!!  

The think I speak for the majoity of the Sioux Forever crowd that we don’t get offended by the bland dove of a logo we have, that’s just stupid, we just think it’s trash. If it gets put at center ice then whatever, we not going to die and have a fit about it, and we’re not going to be as pissed as the hawks fans are that it’s not at center ice yet. But putting that logal at center ice is not going to stop us from yelling Sioux at the end of the anthem!

Go Fighting Sioux!!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Emerald joker said:

The think I speak for the majoity of the Sioux Forever crowd that we don’t get offended by the bland dove of a logo we have, that’s just stupid, we just think it’s trash. If it gets put at center ice then whatever, we not going to die and have a fit about it, and we’re not going to be as pissed as the hawks fans are that it’s not at center ice yet. But putting that logal at center ice is not going to stop us from yelling Sioux at the end of the anthem!

Go Fighting Sioux!!!

image.jpeg.7c108bea09809fa8a4bdbba81675c24f.jpeg

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

Go Fighting Sioux!!!

Wow. You're so tough.

4 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

Go Fighting Sioux!!!

You actually make a good point here.  I don't think that the Fighting Hawks logo is as polarizing as Hodgson wants to believe.  They could put the logo on the front of the hockey jerseys, replace the neon logos on the outside with the Hawks logo, etc, etc, etc and it is not going to make the die hard, Sioux Forever crowd hate the logo any more.