SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

24 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

So they can have the logo on the ice in Fargo and Sioux Falls but not the REA because they don’t want to piss of the Fighting Sioux Forever fans. 12 years will come up quick and Jodi and his group will be out of a job, and the Hawk logo will be on the ice and court where it belongs.

1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I'm sure the logo will make its way to center ice soon enough, I believe 2030 has been bandied about in a few other threads.

BTW .... How big is the hawk logo at midfield of the Alerus?....   or is it prominently painted in the end zone?....

maybe its not as big of a conspiracy as you'd like everyone to believe.

Alerus will have new turf when we join the MVFC in 2020 then we can see if a logo goes on it, remember the Alerus has Hawk logos inside and outside the building, where are the Hawk logos at the Ralph besides the jerseys?

1 minute ago, darell1976 said:

So they can have the logo on the ice in Fargo and Sioux Falls but not the REA because they don’t want to piss of the BIG MONEY DONORS THAT SUPPORT HOCKEY OVER AND ABOVE WHAT THEY WOULD SUPPORT OTHER AREAS OF ATHLETICS IN  fans. 12 years will come up quick and Jodi and his group will be out of a job, and the Hawk logo will be on the ice and court where it belongs.

Respectfully fixed your post.

Jodi will have no trouble finding work. Thinking he a tremendously quality professional will be removed from Arena operations is EXACTLY the reason why people feel that UND operation of the REA will be an abysmal failure that will hurt ALL athletics even further.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Respectfully fixed your post.

Jodi will have no trouble finding work. Thinking he a tremendously quality professional will be removed from Arena operations is EXACTLY the reason why people feel that UND operation of the REA will be an abysmal failure that will hurt ALL athletics even further.

So in 2030 are the donors going to stop when a Hawk is on the building and ice? I think we heard that song and dance before.

Just now, darell1976 said:

Alerus will have new turf when we join the MVFC in 2020 then we can see if a logo goes on it, remember the Alerus has Hawk logos inside and outside the building, where are the Hawk logos at the Ralph besides the jerseys?

Turf can be painted in a matter of hours, no excuse to wait till 2020.

Quite a few places actually, it has been integrated throughout in flags banners, signage and décor. I spent many hours in all areas of the building ice level on up and the logo is much more prominent than many would have people believe.

Hodgson outlined the areas in todays posted emails.

Just now, Frozen4sioux said:

Quite a few places actually, it has been integrated throughout in flags banners, signage and décor. I spent many hours in all areas of the building ice level on up and the logo is much more prominent than many would have people believe.

The logos currently on the truf are not painted on.  They are permanently on the turf.  (At least the end zones and the Alerus Logos).   Given the fact that the Alerus Center has gone through leadership changes and has gone through changes to the building to make if more the "home of Fighting Hakw football" I would anticipate seeing the new logo at midfield when it is eventually replaced.  

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Center ice/court/field makes a different statement. It’s the most important graphic real estate for any sports venue. Their stance is clear and it only widens the gap between the fragmented fan base. Having it at center ice would do wonders.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

The logos currently on the truf are not painted on.  They are permanently on the turf.  (At least the end zones and the Alerus Logos).   Given the fact that the Alerus Center has gone through leadership changes and has gone through changes to the building to make if more the "home of Fighting Hakw football" I would anticipate seeing the new logo at midfield when it is eventually replaced.  

Even though it’s sewn in it’s not crazy expensive to cut it out and replace it. Given that it’s the Alerus I won’t hold my breath.

I wonder how Mike Jacobs is going to feel now that this is about not moving forward with a new nickname and logo on the playing surfaces. That's something he lobbied long and hard for and it seems even now he's not getting it ... because of another Engelstad no less! 

Irony is truly a harsh mistress, eh Mike? :D 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Even though it’s sewn in it’s not crazy expensive to cut it out and replace it. Given that it’s the Alerus I won’t hold my breath.

If REA paid to have teh Logo sewn into the Alerus turf, would that be an acceptable solution for this year?  Would that be a compromise?  I don't think even a logo at center court of the Betty would be all that offensive to the dyed in the wool Sioux Crowd. 

If i was Kennedy I would pick my battles a bit better and reach for compromise over contention.

1 hour ago, ChrisUND1 said:

In my opinion, Hodgson's reply is embarrassing.  He talks about alienating a group of fans.  What is he worried about!?  Will that group stop going to games? 

They have an opportunity to be leaders in action, but like geaux_sioux noted above, it's pure chicken !@#$!

Lol people on here get embarrassed WAYYYY too easily. I must have much less shame.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Center ice/court/field makes a different statement. It’s the most important graphic real estate for any sports venue. Their stance is clear and it only widens the gap between the fragmented fan base. Having it at center ice would do wonders.

Exactly.  The REA is making a statement with this decision.  And that is that they don't support the Fighting Hawks logo.  They are too afraid of offending the Sioux Forever crowd that they are actually offending those of us who have embraced the name and logo.  Yeah, the logo is a polarizing symbol.  But the REA is pouring gas on the fire and making it worse!!  

The argument REA missed is the easiest one:

From REA's POV I'd have said ...

Dear President Kennedy, 

The new hawk logo is not fully recognized and identified with UND yet. In the interim we plan to leave the wordmark at the center of playing surfaces and continue use of the hawk around it until the two become synonymous. We will leave the wordmark at center ice and will put the hawk behind the nets for the coming season and make a decision after that. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

So they can have the logo on the ice in Fargo and Sioux Falls but not the REA because they don’t want to piss of the Fighting Sioux Forever fans. 12 years will come up quick and Jodi and his group will be out of a job, and the Hawk logo will be on the ice and court where it belongs.

Sounds good. So, table this conversation then, right? Good.

1 minute ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Exactly.  The REA is making a statement with this decision.  And that is that they don't support the Fighting Hawks logo.  They are too afraid of offending the Sioux Forever crowd  VAST MAJORITY OF THEIR CUSTOMERS AND DONORS that they are actually offending those EXTREAMLY FEW NUMBERS OF PEOPLE  of  who have embraced the name and logo.  Yeah, the logo is a polarizing symbol.  But the REA is pouring gas on the fire and making it worse!!  

How is this so difficult for you to understand?  you keep saying things not based in facts but fantasied reality of misappropriated opinions, This is not hard.

5 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Exactly.  The REA is making a statement with this decision.  And that is that they don't support the Fighting Hawks logo.  They are too afraid of offending the Sioux Forever crowd that they are actually offending those of us who have embraced the name and logo.  Yeah, the logo is a polarizing symbol.  But the REA is pouring gas on the fire and making it worse!!  

By more slowly integrating the logo, you avoid alienating the largest segment. There's something to the "band-aid" approach, but they aren't doing it. Oh well.

4 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Dear President Kennedy, 

The new hawk logo is not fully recognized and identified with UND yet. In the interim we plan to leave the wordmark at the center of playing surfaces and continue use of the hawk around it until the two become synonymous. We will leave the wordmark at center ice and will put the hawk behind the nets for the coming season and make a decision after that. 

THIS! Well said, Sick.

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Dear President Kennedy, 

Kennedys response should have been,

"that is reasonable and a good strategy to integrate acceptance. How do you feel we can further this synergy in the ice arena?  Your help in this process is greatly appreciated."