SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

5 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I know this will be blasphemy in some quarters, but the Brien logo didn't work well in certain media due to its heavy detailing.

Some of those included: 

• small presentations (this is why they had to create the less detailed version that didn't include the feather signature, and that was still a busy version)
  • rapid motion or flash-bys (on TV where the lead into or out of replay)
  • the small, small logo they use on on-screen TV scoreboards

Sometimes less is more, and simpler is better. 

You may burn me at the stake now. 

I was just surprised ESPN got our logo correct and didn’t call us North Dakota State. They have problems with schools outside of the NYC area. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 3:34 PM, UND1981 said:

Damn, my wife gave me a FH shirt for Christmas.  I just can't do it.  I'll have to re-gift it to Darrell1976!

If you think that's bad, I got a bison shirt.   It was an innocent mistake from a new in-law.  Evidently the look on my face was priceless.  I threw up in my mouth a little bit.  

• Upvote 3

On 12/28/2017 at 5:38 PM, Siouxphan27 said:

If you think that's bad, I got a bison shirt.   It was an innocent mistake from a new in-law.  Evidently the look on my face was priceless.  I threw up in my mouth a little bit.  

My family does this intentionally as we live across Minnesota and gave different favorite teams (Gophers, Sioux, Bulldogs, Mavericks and Beavers). I gave my Gopher fan godfather a camo Sioux undershirt (he's a hunter) and he asked how soon is too soon to regift. Apparently it's one year since I got it back the following year. Last year my Gopher brother got my daughter a goldy hat...we needed the hat so we told her it was a beaver since my parents went to Bemidji State and my wife goes to Oregon State online. Also Goldy looks more like a beaver than a gopher.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Rebel_Sioux said:

Just think...this could have been our logo...because nothing strikes fear into opponents like a rainbow. 

FB_IMG_1514737093926.jpg

I think the same thing every time someone posts a Sundog pic on social media. Good thing that bullet was dodged. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rebel_Sioux said:

My family does this intentionally as we live across Minnesota and gave different favorite teams (Gophers, Sioux, Bulldogs, Mavericks and Beavers). I gave my Gopher fan godfather a camo Sioux undershirt (he's a hunter) and he asked how soon is too soon to regift. Apparently it's one year since I got it back the following year. Last year my Gopher brother got my daughter a goldy hat...we needed the hat so we told her it was a beaver since my parents went to Bemidji State and my wife goes to Oregon State online. Also Goldy looks more like a beaver than a gopher.

That's awesome.   I think she may have started a similar tradition for us as well; she just doesn't know it yet.   :cool:  They're UMD Bulldog fans.  

• Upvote 1

On 1/2/2018 at 1:42 PM, Blackheart said:

Yeah, we really lucked out with the current nickname.:huh:

I wouldn't say that...really all of the good nicknames were eliminated well before the voting even started but Fighting Hawks is tolerable albeit barely. We just need a better logo...