SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

2 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

So with all this logo on the ice talk, I was curious about what the floor of the Betty would look like this year and if it would have the Fighting Hawks logo and new script.  So, I contacted the Ralph.  Here is what they said concerning the floor at the Betty;

The design of the Betty Engelstad Sioux Center floor has not been finalized yet. This project is scheduled to take place next summer.  So for this season (volleyball and basketball) it will look the same as it did last year. Have a good day.

Garth Wiedrich

Marketing Manager

Ralph Engelstad Arena

One Ralph Engelstad Arena Drive

Grand Forks, ND 58203

(P) 701.777.0833

www.theralph.com

REA_script_Black

So it looks like they will wait until next summer to repaint the floor with potentially the Fighting Hawks logo and new script.  Most likely will have a Summit League logo as well.

Or will it simply say North Dakota Volleyball with only the logo of the Summit League. 

According to some here and darrel1976 one's fandom as it relates to UND athletics is strictly predicated on the fact that one has puckered up to the new logo and is thrilled UND is leaving the Big Sky for the Summit/MVC...........did I miss anything? 

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

According to some here and darrel1976 one's fandom as it relates to UND athletics is strictly predicated on the fact that one has puckered up to the new logo and is thrilled UND is leaving the Big Sky for the Summit/MVC...........did I miss anything? 

Maybe the lesson here is to focus on the things you can control and stop dwelling on things that you cannot.  The UND Fighting Hawks and their logo are taking the field/ice/court no matter what, and vilifying someone for wanting a unified fan base is hardly productive.  The fact that there are a few petulant enablers in positions of power (looking at you, REA) changes nothing.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

16 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Good thing no one voted for the UND Foots.  

15 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Who's to say that one of Ralph's tarsal bones isn't already ritualistically frozen into the ice?  Was he into cryogenics?

15 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

It's possible.  He did foot the bill after all.

11 hours ago, darell1976 said:

I thought that's the logo at Marriucci Arena. 

This might be the strangest exchange I have ever seen on the SiouxSports Board... 

3 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Thank you for your continued efforts to further divide our fanbase.  

He's not dividing anything, he's not saying fans of the Fighting hawks logo please go be somewhere else, he's just stating his opinion, like most of us fans do on this board! 

By the way GO SIOUX!!!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

On 8/30/2017 at 11:08 AM, Siouxperfan7 said:

So it looks like they will wait until next summer to repaint the floor with potentially the Fighting Hawks logo and new script.  Most likely will have a Summit League logo as well.

This is why the floor hasn't been redone yet. It doesn't make sense (or cents) to update the logo this year and then have to go back and update the conference affiliation next year. 

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 7:49 PM, MafiaMan said:

You know I voted for Fighting Hawks, right?

North Dakota in hockey helps differentiate the team from RedHawks and River Hawks.  

Fighting Hawks in football helps differentiate the team from North Dakota State.

it's not that complicated.

Long Beach State 49ers

Long Beach State Dirtbags

3 hours ago, jdub27 said:

This is why the floor hasn't been redone yet. It doesn't make sense (or cents) to update the logo this year and then have to go back and update the conference affiliation next year. 

Understandable at the Betty and the Alerus as we get new conferences. No excuse at the REA. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

3 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

After reading today's article, I think he has an axe to grind. 

That's a better explanation than being that clueless on some of the things he's written. 

Wait a year on the locker room? Yeah, seems like a brilliant idea with a Title IX complaint filed. And not sure why the pictures matter, the public doesn't see them. He really glossed over the new display being put up in the main concourse while he was accusing them of whitewashing WIH from the arena. Guessing he didn't bother contacting anyone from the REA or athletic department that could have set him straight or answered his asinine assumptions. 

He's got a future in click bait journalism ahead of him. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1