SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

On 8/28/2017 at 4:44 PM, MafiaMan said:

I, for one, don't mind the hockey program branding "North Dakota" because ANY college hockey fan will tell you they immediately recognize the name.  Tell folks you're a fan of "North Dakota football" and you're bound to hear back "Yea, the Bison are awesome!" from anyone outside of the state.  The football team definitely needs to market "Fighting Hawks" while the hockey team is well-known around the country already.  

That being said, the logos should definitely appear somewhere on the ice.  

So the opposite of how it was with fighting Sioux?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

So it should have be North Dakota hockey before as well?

You know I voted for Fighting Hawks, right?

North Dakota in hockey helps differentiate the team from RedHawks and River Hawks.  

Fighting Hawks in football helps differentiate the team from North Dakota State.

it's not that complicated.

27 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

You know I voted for Fighting Hawks, right?

North Dakota in hockey helps differentiate the team from RedHawks and River Hawks.  

Fighting Hawks in football helps differentiate the team from North Dakota State.

it's not that complicated.

My point is that it does need to be either or. It can be both. And I wasn't insinuating anything. Just asking what you thought.

13 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

My point is that it does need to be either or. It can be both. And I wasn't insinuating anything. Just asking what you thought.

It needs to be either or?  When you hear the words "all about the U," do you immediately  think of Miami athletics in general or just football?

5 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Let's try this another way:

Fighting Hawks Football 

vs

Fighting Hawks Hockey

Which one sounds kinda silly?

People did get excited with the nickname Suhaki. Fighting Suhaki football or Fighting Suhaki hockey. 

So with all this logo on the ice talk, I was curious about what the floor of the Betty would look like this year and if it would have the Fighting Hawks logo and new script.  So, I contacted the Ralph.  Here is what they said concerning the floor at the Betty;

The design of the Betty Engelstad Sioux Center floor has not been finalized yet. This project is scheduled to take place next summer.  So for this season (volleyball and basketball) it will look the same as it did last year. Have a good day.

Garth Wiedrich

Marketing Manager

Ralph Engelstad Arena

One Ralph Engelstad Arena Drive

Grand Forks, ND 58203

(P) 701.777.0833

www.theralph.com

REA_script_Black

So it looks like they will wait until next summer to repaint the floor with potentially the Fighting Hawks logo and new script.  Most likely will have a Summit League logo as well.

6 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

So with all this logo on the ice talk, I was curious about what the floor of the Betty would look like this year and if it would have the Fighting Hawks logo and new script.  So, I contacted the Ralph.  Here is what they said concerning the floor at the Betty;

The design of the Betty Engelstad Sioux Center floor has not been finalized yet. This project is scheduled to take place next summer.  So for this season (volleyball and basketball) it will look the same as it did last year. Have a good day.

Garth Wiedrich

Marketing Manager

Ralph Engelstad Arena

One Ralph Engelstad Arena Drive

Grand Forks, ND 58203

(P) 701.777.0833

www.theralph.com

REA_script_Black

So it looks like they will wait until next summer to repaint the floor with potentially the Fighting Hawks logo and new script.  Most likely will have a Summit League logo as well.

So we can look forward to having our crappy logo paired with the logo of our new crappy conference?  Can't wait to see those jewels side by side!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1