SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Center ice logo....BOOOOOORING

IMG_1764.JPG

Aside from the debate over whether the fighting hawk logo should be there or not, I hope they're just moving around and placing some sort of stencils on the ice in this picture, and this isn't already painted.  Take a look at the 2 "Ralph Engelstad Arena"s on each side.  I'd say they're not quite symmetrical, specifically between the D of Engelstad and the A of Arena.

2 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

59a465447a746_ScreenShot2017-08-28at1_46_45PM.png.40ea37750b1c7812c5753adbc8d24211.png

REA living in perpetual denial.

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

IMG_1764.JPG

I, for one, don't mind the hockey program branding "North Dakota" because ANY college hockey fan will tell you they immediately recognize the name.  Tell folks you're a fan of "North Dakota football" and you're bound to hear back "Yea, the Bison are awesome!" from anyone outside of the state.  The football team definitely needs to market "Fighting Hawks" while the hockey team is well-known around the country already.  

That being said, the logos should definitely appear somewhere on the ice.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I, for one, don't mind the hockey program branding "North Dakota" because ANY college hockey fan will tell you they immediately recognize the name.  Tell folks you're a fan of "North Dakota football" and you're bound to hear back "Yea, the Bison are awesome!" from anyone outside of the state.  The football team definitely needs to market "Fighting Hawks" while the hockey team is well-known around the country already.  

That being said, the logos should definitely appear somewhere on the ice.  

Maybe the Jumbotron stencils haven't come in yet?

22 minutes ago, Ray77 said:

Aside from the debate over whether the fighting hawk logo should be there or not, I hope they're just moving around and placing some sort of stencils on the ice in this picture, and this isn't already painted.  Take a look at the 2 "Ralph Engelstad Arena"s on each side.  I'd say they're not quite symmetrical, specifically between the D of Engelstad and the A of Arena.

0HpUQes.gif

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

IMG_1764.JPG

Only in Fargo will the logo appear, as the Fighting Sioux forever crowd (including the REA) can celebrate their denial of the new logo/name, it's pretty bad on the REA's Facebook page. Lots of logo bashing on there even though the next banner raised will have the Hawks logo on it no matter how much they bitch and moan.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

5 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Only in Fargo will the logo appear, as the Fighting Sioux forever crowd (including the REA) can celebrate their denial of the new logo/name, it's pretty bad on the REA's Facebook page. Lots of logo bashing on there even though the next banner raised will have the Hawks logo on it no matter how much they bitch and moan.

The logo is there; you just have to squint to see it since it doesn't show up very well on white. 

Thank you SME!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, darell1976 said:

14 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

0HpUQes.gif

5 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

That's pretty much how the Fighting Sioux Forever, anti Hawk crowd acts when they see that little bird somewhere in their presicous cathedral of the REA. They !@#$ themselves when the jerseys came out, think what happens when UND takes control of the building. They will torch the place if they see a Hawk on the side of the REA. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

6 hours ago, darell1976 said:

But will continue to attend games and buy season tickets. If any so called boycotters want to give up their season tickets, ill take a couple. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, northernraider said:

But will continue to attend games and buy season tickets. If any so called boycotters want to give up their season tickets, ill take a couple. 

That's one thing I don't get, is the REA afraid a lot of people will quit buying tickets if they put a Hawk on the ice or on the building? There is more than enough that will take their place. Over 11,000 people are going to watch the Fighting Hawks with their logo on the building, on the helmets and being sold at their shop on Potato Bowl Day and I bet only 1/4th or less will be screaming Go Sioux or wearing Sioux gear. So a logo/name is not going to slow down what winning has done to the Alerus.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, streetsahead said:

I finally gave in and picked up this 1/4 zip at the Sioux Shop the other day along with this sweatshirt for my wife.  If the players can wear it, so can we.  Go Hawks.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Looks sharp with the Hawk on the black ND. 

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, sprig said:

The dead horse has only bones remaining

Actually, the REA did a little bit of equine CPR yesterday and brought the old nag back to life.  Tweeting those pictures not only sans logo but with the interlocking ND right overhead was a deliberate poke in UND's eye and elicited an entirely predictable response from fans on both sides.

What I want to know is, where are the grown ups in all of this?

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1