SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Heard like a year back, many from the GOBC say they and their friends will drop their season MH tickets if/after the Hawk's logo shows up at center ice.  Instead of The Ralph and President Kennedy calling their bluff, they prolong the issue, trying the appease the fans in a way to keep the season tickets a sell out. Kind of a balancing act. This keeps most (on both sides of the logo issue) a little irritated, but not enough to walk away.

• Upvote 1

Just now, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Heard like a year back, many from the GOBC say they and their friends will drop their season MH tickets if/after the Hawk's logo shows up at center ice.  Instead of The Ralph and President Kennedy calling their bluff, they prolong the issue, trying the appease the fans in a way to keep the season tickets a sell out. Kind of a balancing act. This keeps most (on both sides of the logo issue) a little irritated, but not enough to walk away.

All they would do is free up hockey tickets for the next person in line and make the GOBC big-timers sad every weekend because they have to watch it on TV and not be a big wheel walking around the REA.  Hollow threat because there is zero percent chance they would do it.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, UND-1 said:

All they would do is free up hockey tickets for the next person in line and make the GOBC big-timers sad every weekend because they have to watch it on TV and not be a big wheel walking around the REA.  Hollow threat because there is zero percent chance they would do it.

That's the only reason I think possible, not to upset certain fans in a way they walk away.  Otherwise bring the logo to center ice, why wait???

There has to be a reason why they are dragging their feet.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

As if thinning the ranks of the militant, Sioux-forever types is somehow an altogether bad thing. #freshblood

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, SiouxScore said:

For those saying the Hawk logo is on the ice for regionals but not at REA there is a difference there. The hawk logo isn't at center ice for regionals like it would be at REA. They put a NCAA logo at center ice and the host schools logo in the neutral zone which is much smaller than it would be at center ice. I hate the name change and will never refer to the university as hawks but even putting that aside I really think part of why the logo won't be at center ice is the really logo looks terrible when it isn't smaller. Either way I'm glad whoever makes the decision is just going with North Dakota at center ice and from what I've heard many with the hockey program are very happy with the decision as well.

So would that be Brad Berry, and Jody Hodgson. 

• Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

so it's looks like they "lied" when they said there wasn't enough time last year to get a new stencil made for center ice...don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining...part of the reason i embraced the new logo qucker than i thought i would was by how much bubba has embraced the new logo from day one (including the press conference to unveil it.)

Bubba is the definition of a class act. 

1 hour ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I never considered this angle. Would the logo just disappear on the ice?

I guess I have the same question for football. Do they plan on using just the white Hawk? Otherwise won't the green ND just disappear into the field?

8 minutes ago, WiSioux said:

I guess I have the same question for football. Do they plan on using just the white Hawk? Otherwise won't the green ND just disappear into the field?

Black and white I'd guess, which works best on kelly green caps and clothes

47 minutes ago, WiSioux said:

They would use a black and white logo on the field? Ick

Or outline the green  letters ND in white (avatars in the fb forum show both of these options). The outlined green letters are on the green helmets. 

23 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

There's at least  handful of schools or pro teams that use negative white space in their logo at center ice:

image.png.dbc0598262c2edc49c5f2e48b2e19697.png

image.png.8d7ecb252a79c790e3d18a169ba1de83.png

And again, it looks just fine on the mock-ups the Sioux Shop already sells:

image.png.cd54de6f2691a159007210ffabb1643d.png

I would argue that those are majority color logos, not majority white. Ours looks like we were trying to paint ND and ran out of paint. Unless you outline the hawk which would look silly. We shall see, next year.

D52_0027_stitch.jpg?resize=656,277

There is nothing wrong with our new logo on the ice. Also the NCAA has 2 logos that are white on the ice and they don't blend into the ice. Our logo would look nice and fit inside the circle just like the interlocking ND did last year and the Sioux logo prior to that. 

• Downvote 1

Sadly I haven't been able to attend a game in person since the new name was adopted (Texas is pretty far away), so I can't comment much on how persistent the booing is (although I could occasionally hear it on the TV), or which teams have fostered the best environment, but in terms of support, I'm pretty sure the athletes are smart enough to realize that fans are booing the name, not them or their performance.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Rebel_Sioux said:

Sadly I haven't been able to attend a game in person since the new name was adopted (Texas is pretty far away), so I can't comment much on how persistent the booing is (although I could occasionally hear it on the TV), or which teams have fostered the best environment, but in terms of support, I'm pretty sure the athletes are smart enough to realize that fans are booing the name, not them or their performance.

Regardless if the athletes can realize it or not it's very childish. 

• Downvote 7