SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

5 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Not really....Minnesota has a giant M at center ice, not Goldy Gofer...Wisconsin has a W at center ice, not Bucky Badger...DU has the word DENVER at center ice, not their horrible logo that looks like Daniel Boone's cap with scrambled eggs on it.  So UND not putting the bird at center ice is no different than a lot of schools.

:lol:

10 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Not really....Minnesota has a giant M at center ice, not Goldy Gofer...Wisconsin has a W at center ice, not Bucky Badger...DU has the word DENVER at center ice, not their horrible logo that looks like Daniel Boone's cap with scrambled eggs on it.  So UND not putting the bird at center ice is no different than a lot of schools.

Not quite. Those schools all use those markings as actual logos (primary or secondary), similar to when UND would use the interlocking ND, which was an official logo (secondary that became primary for a few years). The Fighting Hawks word mark is not considered a logo.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, petey23 said:

So then get someone in a position of authority with a little bit of common sense and walk back the decision to get rid of the interlocking UND logo.

Or come up with a secondary logo that isn't so bad it has to be scrapped. No argument from me on that.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Blackheart said:

You bring up a very good point. Not all have primary logo on center ice.

5 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Same goes for those butthurt over the fact that UND is the Fighting Hawks, and the logo is on the jerseys. So suck it up when the announcer says Fighting Hawks and quit the booing. 

I've never booed, or chanted. Hope you are boycotting the rea then and their lowsy management

1 minute ago, darell1976 said:

No, I will always support the school and it's athletes. Just disappointed with the REA management. 

You must be appalled to see all those brien logos in the marble and on the seats. At least it will allow you to continue your rants at the rea. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, sprig said:

You must be appalled to see all those brien logos in the marble and on the seats. At least it will allow you to continue your rants at the rea. 

I love the Sioux logo at the REA, but not embracing the new name and logo is what I have a problem with. 

11 minutes ago, ericpnelson said:

What I wear to the game has a lot to do with what I think looks good that day and, quite stupidly, superstition. I wore my green F'hawks shirt throughout the football run last year because they kept winning in it. Otherwise, some games I might have opted for my old "Sioux crew" shirt (which are still cool).

If I hear a let's go Sioux chant, I'll chime in. If I hear let's go Hawks, I'll clap and yell too. I won't leave a guy/gal hanging on a Sioux yah yah either.

I do, however, reserve my booing for opposing teams, fans, referees, scores from around the country that I don't like, Bob Kelley appearances on the big board (08-12 I can't help that), any mention of rival teams, commercials I don't care for, beer prices that are too high, lines for the bathroom that are too long, 2 beer limits, when the wrong little kid wins the dance off, when a guy beats the cute college girl in the intermission/halftime/timeout challenges, and when the arena plays dumb new music. But I do not boo our team/team name.

On this note, we should bring back hissing. I've always heard of booing and hissing, but I never hear hissing. Let's hiss the heck out of people.

I like the idea of you hissing at people in the bathroom line as you walk by.

• Like 1

For those saying the Hawk logo is on the ice for regionals but not at REA there is a difference there. The hawk logo isn't at center ice for regionals like it would be at REA. They put a NCAA logo at center ice and the host schools logo in the neutral zone which is much smaller than it would be at center ice. I hate the name change and will never refer to the university as hawks but even putting that aside I really think part of why the logo won't be at center ice is the really logo looks terrible when it isn't smaller. Either way I'm glad whoever makes the decision is just going with North Dakota at center ice and from what I've heard many with the hockey program are very happy with the decision as well.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

For those saying the Hawk logo is on the ice for regionals but not at REA there is a difference there. The hawk logo isn't at center ice for regionals like it would be at REA. They put a NCAA logo at center ice and the host schools logo in the neutral zone which is much smaller than it would be at center ice. I hate the name change and will never refer to the university as hawks but even putting that aside I really think part of why the logo won't be at center ice is the really logo looks terrible when it isn't smaller. Either way I'm glad whoever makes the decision is just going with North Dakota at center ice and from what I've heard many with the hockey program are very happy with the decision as well.

That settles it then.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Meh, they sell beanbag boards in the SiouxShop and if they did it like that, it would look just fine. Obviously the word mark wouldn't be there and there would be the sponsor and conference graphics, but overall, I think it would look better than doing just a word mark, which was pretty subpar when they tried it last time.

image.png.b5056185e0ef969d7adf75f8cf8a96cb.png