SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

On 7/29/2017 at 9:07 AM, sprig said:

Center ice matched last year's jerseys, which were ordered before the Hawk name was announced. This year will be different. The Fighting Hawks to the crowd was said often, but they quit due to complaints about the crowd booing. The SiouxShop name is historic, they can keep it or change it. If you want to continue to complain and battle with those at the REA,  you can. You'll no doubt find someone to fight with. You are on a mission to fight with the REA/"hockey only fans"; if you give it a rest it will all pass in time. You are part of the divide when you don't have to be.

Jerseys have a Hawk logo, center ice will have no logo for the first time since the building opened in 2001. Different how?

8 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Jerseys have a Hawk logo, center ice will have no logo for the first time since the building opened in 2001. Different how?

I took the article to mean that it will have the new North Dakota wordmark like it did the first year post-Sioux logo...

On 7/29/2017 at 9:07 AM, sprig said:

Center ice matched last year's jerseys, which were ordered before the Hawk name was announced. This year will be different. The Fighting Hawks to the crowd was said often, but they quit due to complaints about the crowd booing. The SiouxShop name is historic, they can keep it or change it. If you want to continue to complain and battle with those at the REA,  you can. You'll no doubt find someone to fight with. You are on a mission to fight with the REA/"hockey only fans"; if you give it a rest it will all pass in time. You are part of the divide when you don't have to be.

My buddy who went to all the games last season said they said it all year long.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

It's too bad they felt it had to be on the jersey.  A very mediocre logo at best.  Glad it will not be on the ice.

The jerseys is not owned by the REA, so they don't have a say in it, if they did it would have a Sioux logo.

• Downvote 2

9 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Anything to not support the new logo. Pathetic. They can have a Sioux logo, an interlocking ND logo, but not a Hawk logo. :angry: Looks like the Hawk logo will be on the ice in 2030 when UND takes over the building. 

Lol, was wondering when about 3-4 heads on SS.com were gonna start exploding! 

• Upvote 1

Embarrassing.  It's one thing for fans to be ashamed of their schools name and logo.  But for the the building that the schools most popular sport plays in to exhibit that same behavior? That's beyond pathetic.  Like it or hate it, the fact that the schools logo is not at center ice is indefensible.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

5 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Embarrassing.  It's one thing for fans to be ashamed of their schools name and logo.  But for the the building that the schools most popular sport plays in to exhibit that same behavior? That's beyond pathetic.  Like it or hate it, the fact that the schools logo is not at center ice is indefensible.

Not really embarrassing, it'll be on center ice when people are ready for it to be there, in the meantime I guess people will just have to get over that

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

Not really embarrassing, it'll be on center ice when people are ready for it to be there, in the meantime I guess people will just have to get over that

I'm there to watch hockey, not to look at logos, so whatever is painted in the ice is OK with me. There are more than enough fans on the waiting list for tickets, so whomever is butthurt by the painting on the ice can stay away and let someone who wants to watch hockey take their seats. Guess I wasn't listening closely to the PA guy or the crowd last year. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, sprig said:

I'm there to watch hockey, not to look at logos, so whatever is painted in the ice is OK with me. There are more than enough fans on the waiting list for tickets, so whomever is butthurt by the painting on the ice can stay away and let someone who wants to watch hockey take their seats. Guess I wasn't listening closely to the PA guy or the crowd last year. 

Same goes for those butthurt over the fact that UND is the Fighting Hawks, and the logo is on the jerseys. So suck it up when the announcer says Fighting Hawks and quit the booing. 

• Downvote 3

7 hours ago, darell1976 said:

The jerseys is not owned by the REA, so they don't have a say in it, if they did it would have a Sioux logo.

No...pretty sure they understand the conditions of the settlement agreement and would not do anything to put that into jeopardy.  Apparently they just don't want to use the "new and improved" logo yet.  

Just now, Blackheart said:

No...pretty sure they understand the conditions of the settlement agreement and would not do anything to put that into jeopardy.  Apparently they just don't want to use the "new and improved" logo yet.  

If the REA's reason to do this is not to piss off the Fighting Sioux forever crowd that's pretty sad. There will be less and less Sioux jerseys in the stands every year, so what is their point? 

• Downvote 2

Just now, darell1976 said:

If the REA's reason to do this is not to piss off the Fighting Sioux forever crowd that's pretty sad. There will be less and less Sioux jerseys in the stands every year, so what is their point? 

Not sure...you would have to ask them.  

1 minute ago, darell1976 said:

I wouldn't say there will be less and less Sioux jerseys in the stands every year

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Emerald joker said:

I wouldn't say there will be less and less Sioux jerseys in the stands every year

How much Sioux gear was in the stands prior to the nickname retirement about 99.9%, how much now just 5 years later? They pan the crowd there are a lot of jerseys with just the interlocking ND and the word North Dakota on it, now with a newer jersey with a Hawk on it, thats more non-Sioux hockey gear people will buy. 

6 minutes ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

So for the next two regionals the new logo will be on the ice but not where we actually play home games.

Sad isn't it. Maybe Kennedy and Faison will need a little chat with the REA because isn't this interfering with the "re-branding" of the school that they are focused on.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, darell1976 said:

Sad isn't it. Maybe Kennedy and Faison will need a little chat with the REA because isn't this interfering with the "re-branding" of the school that they are focused on.

Exactly.  If the schools intentions are to focus on re branding and promoting the new logo out there to link it to the identity at UND, you'd think that the most visible and highly attended venue at UND (and the state of North Dakota for that matter) would support that by displaying the logo at the most visible location at center ice.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Not really....Minnesota has a giant M at center ice, not Goldy Gofer...Wisconsin has a W at center ice, not Bucky Badger...DU has the word DENVER at center ice, not their horrible logo that looks like Daniel Boone's cap with scrambled eggs on it.  So UND not putting the bird at center ice is no different than a lot of schools.

Very accurate description.