SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I guess the biggest thing that bugs me about the "Siouxforever" fans is their absolute refusal to accept anything Fighting Hawks related and their disdain for those that do.  From comments made on social media ripping on the name and logo and remarks like "Don't you mean Sioux", to booing when Fighting Hawks is said at hockey games and chanting "Sioux Forever".  I think every UND fan has the right to accept the name in their own time frame, if at all.  But to vocally reject it in the way some do and call out fans who have accepted the Fighting Hawks name and logo is beyond embarrassing.  I get it.  There are fans that are never going to accept the new name and logo in any way.  But don't disparage those of us that have.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I guess the biggest thing that bugs me about the "Siouxforever" fans is their absolute refusal to accept anything Fighting Hawks related and their disdain for those that do.  From comments made on social media ripping on the name and logo and remarks like "Don't you mean Sioux", to booing when Fighting Hawks is said at hockey games and chanting "Sioux Forever".  I think every UND fan has the right to accept the name in their own time frame, if at all.  But to vocally reject it in the way some do and call out fans who have accepted the Fighting Hawks name and logo is beyond embarrassing.  I get it.  There are fans that are never going to accept the new name and logo in any way.  But don't disparage those of us that have.  

agree

45 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

So why don't you just IGNORE IT, instead of saying they shouldn't voice they're opinions because it hurts peoples feelings! 

3 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

So why don't you just IGNORE IT, instead of saying they shouldn't voice they're opinions because it hurts peoples feelings! 

When a portion of the fan base continues to do something that appears embarrassing to the rest of the fan base and University, I think speaking up on it is fair game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I don't get how in one post you can acknowledge that some fans will never move on while others will take the time they need to move on (it is a process for all of us) and then bash people for not moving on. Perhaps they have not gotten past the anger step in the process yet. You're doing the exact same thing you are complaining about them doing. Calling out people who have not yet accepted the nickname.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Emerald joker said:

I never said that my feeling get hurt when people make comments on social media or chant "Sioux Forever" at games.  I just think it is embarrassing to have people in our fanbase that act like that.

1 hour ago, WiSioux said:

I don't get how in one post you can acknowledge that some fans will never move on while others will take the time they need to move on (it is a process for all of us) and then bash people for not moving on. Perhaps they have not gotten past the anger step in the process yet. You're doing the exact same thing you are complaining about them doing. Calling out people who have not yet accepted the nickname.

The difference is I am on the right side of the argument.  While there are people that claim "Sioux forever" that simply is not the case.  There are those that claim that "that's not my nickname" that is wrong as well.  My point is that while I accept the fact that there are some people who may never accept the Fighting Hawks name, that doesn't mean that I think its the right thing to do.  This isn't an AA 12 step process.  The University and the rest of the fans who have moved on don't need to cater to your beliefs and feelings and your inability to do so as well.

• Downvote 4

On 7/29/2017 at 2:11 PM, MafiaMan said:

You're suggesting ANOTHER nickname vote?   No way that should happen.  It's already been a farce...this would make it 100X worse.

3 hours ago, Yote 53 said:

Not now, but eventually, yeah, that should probably happen.

And then what happens when "Sparkly Unicorns" or "Sundogs" gets picked as the final choice?  We wait a few MORE years and then have yet ANOTHER nickname vote until the folks who wanted "just North Dakota" or "Roughriders" get their way?  

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

And then what happens when "Sparkly Unicorns" or "Sundogs" gets picked as the final choice?  We wait a few MORE years and then have yet ANOTHER nickname vote until the folks who wanted "just North Dakota" or "Roughriders" get their way?  

Just keep doing it over and over until a name gets 100% of the vote.  That shouldn't take long!!;)

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

Now there's a name I can get behind! #SparklyUnicornsForever

2 hours ago, WiSioux said:

It takes you "time" to move on from a collegiate nickname?  Like more than 4-5 years?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

Too many really did not like Rough riders that's never coming back

45 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

It takes you "time" to move on from a collegiate nickname?  Like more than 4-5 years?

Seriously.  People get over deaths in their family quicker than some people have gotten over the loss of a nickname.  Time to put things in perspective.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

57 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

My grandpa was 12 when North Dakota changed its nickname from Flickertails to Fighting Sioux.  He died in 2008 and his final words were:  "I can't believe they changed the Flickertails..."

Don't even get me started on those "Flickertails Forever" fans!! :D

1 hour ago, bigskyvikes said:

I'm not sure what's worse, the boos at the games after a penalty kill two seasons ago which had almost died out last season.

Or your CONSTANT preaching and bitching about people not agreeing with you...blah blah blah! Give it a rest.....please!

Come on October and...

Go Sioux/Hawks!

THIS^^^^^^^^^

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, bigskyvikes said:

I'm not sure what's worse, the boos at the games after a penalty kill two seasons ago which had almost died out last season.

Or your CONSTANT preaching and bitching about people not agreeing with you...blah blah blah! Give it a rest.....please!

Come on October and...

Go Sioux/Hawks!

Well, one is people doing something at a public event that is usually broadcast on TV and comes off as embarrassing, the other is anonymous posts on a message board that can easily be skipped over or ignored with a simple click. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

23 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Well, one is people doing something at a public event that is usually broadcast on TV and comes off as embarrassing, the other is anonymous posts on a message board that can easily be skipped over or ignored with a simple click. 

So we agree....both very annoying!

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 4:41 PM, SiouxScore said:

I'd take the script over the hawk logo everyday and most involved with the hockey program would as well.

It looks like you are going to get your wish according to this

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/4306800-und-hockey-sells-out-season-ticket-allotment-again

The key part

Center ice will have the new North Dakota hockey font, which was revealed last summer, inside the circle. It will say 'Ralph Engelstad Arena' around the outside of the circle.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/4306800-und-hockey-sells-out-season-ticket-allotment-again

The key part

Center ice will have the new North Dakota hockey font, which was revealed last summer, inside the circle. It will say 'Ralph Engelstad Arena' around the outside of the circle.

Anything to not support the new logo. Pathetic. They can have a Sioux logo, an interlocking ND logo, but not a Hawk logo. :angry: Looks like the Hawk logo will be on the ice in 2030 when UND takes over the building. 

• Downvote 4

4 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

The key part

That's pretty weak, the Hawk is on the ice at Scheels Arena for the playoffs and not at The Ralph for this season?

• Upvote 1