Siouxperfan7

What do you think of the logo now??

Fighting Hawks logo   220 members have voted

  1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

    • A
      11
    • B
      54
    • C
      44
    • D
      30
    • F
      81

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1,199 posts in this topic

Between:

  • How About We Keep Sioux
  • the belief by some that "Hawks" would allow for use of the NHL CHI logo :blink:
  • the word "Fighting" associated with it having a tacit imprimatur 

"Fighting Hawks" was all but ordained by those mildly (at best) paying attention. 

Some of us saw it for what it was but just couldn't head it off. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Really though it's probably the other way around. Sioux forever folks are far too sensitive.

Exactly. I am starting to think that this group has become the new 2.0 version of SJWs in regard to the nickname saga. They're actions post new nickname are so similar to the "snowflakes" they railed against on the other side.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Exactly. I am starting to think that this group has become the new 2.0 version of SJWs in regard to the nickname saga. They're actions post new nickname are so similar to the "snowflakes" they railed against on the other side.

It's exactly what's happening with anti trump people. They're acting pretty much the same as anti Obama people were.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I call it "trading scripts".

You take the other side's script that you've been hearing, change the nouns and a few adjectives and adverbs, and then reuse it. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

"Fighting Hawks" was all but ordained by those mildly (at best) paying attention. 

Some of us saw it for what it was but just couldn't head it off. 

I'm not complaining about it on this forum anymore. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Does it suck because it's not the Fighting Sioux (the best name and logo ever)? I think for some the nickname could be anything except Sioux and they would think it sucks. It happens when generation after generation have been cheering it for 80 years. More time is not the answer after all we had a 3 year cooling off period. Did it help?

No, it comes down to the fact that I was really looking for something different.  A unique nickname that would lead to new traditions and allow for the respectful retirement of the old nickname and its traditions.  But all we got was the "Fighting Hawks!!!"  which is very similar to "Fighting Sioux" which has lead people to simply substitute "Hawks" for "Sioux" and the mere morphing of traditions/cheers.  So, it comes off as tired and lazy.

I really thought "Nokota" or something along that line of thought would have been a great opportunity.  It would challenge everything and people would then need to retire the old traditions and cheers.  Now, it's just kind of sad and generic .... and it does inspire people to move on because you are constantly reminded of the way it used to be..  which was great.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

Exactly. I am starting to think that this group has become the new 2.0 version of SJWs in regard to the nickname saga. They're actions post new nickname are so similar to the "snowflakes" they railed against on the other side.

Oh, I am not offended by the new nickname..  I just think it is a very poor nickname.  Two totally different things.  I was absolutely ready to retire the nickname.  It's too bad they didn't really retire it - they just did a half ass job and it shows.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

And if they did, the same people wanting a new name would start screaming you don't have the $$$, where are your priorities!?! #wantitbothways 

The marketing students at UND could do a far better job as a class assignment.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dagies said:

First off, I'm totally with you on your point.  That said, honestly, thank God we're not the Huskies.  That actually would have been worse.

 

 

Fighting Huskies....not much different really

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Between:

  • How About We Keep Sioux
  • the belief by some that "Hawks" would allow for use of the NHL CHI logo :blink:
  • the word "Fighting" associated with it having a tacit imprimatur 

"Fighting Hawks" was all but ordained by those mildly (at best) paying attention. 

Some of us saw it for what it was but just couldn't head it off. 

9%

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of what was left to pick from, Fighting Hawks was the equivalent of getting a pepperoni pizza. Everyone in the group wants their own thing but in the end, people's ideas of unique are too different to come to any sort of consensus on, so you end up with the most predictable/generic thing on the menu.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Out of what was left to pick from, Fighting Hawks was the equivalent of getting a stale saltine cracker. Everyone in the group wants their own thing but in the end, people's ideas of unique are too different to come to any sort of consensus on, so you end up with the most predictable/generic thing on the menu.

FYP

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oxbow, you are incorrect. The correct correction is ... 

22 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Out of what was left to pick from, Fighting Hawks was the equivalent of getting a thin crust cheese pizza. Everyone in the group wants their own thing but in the end, people's ideas of unique are too different to come to any sort of consensus on, so you end up with the most predictable/generic thing on the menu.

No fair changing food groups. ;) 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Fighting Sioux Hoodies have become a premium!  I no longer put them in the dryer, or wear them excessively.  Not because I'm part of the Sioux Forever crowd.  But because I'd like them to last me for the final 40 years of my life.  And if I don't have to buy any of that other stuff, I assure you, I won't!  26 years after I graduated from Central as part of the last class to graduate as Redskins, I still haven't warmed up to Knights.  Why?  Because like Hawks, Knights doesn't kick @$$!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, petey23 said:

The marketing students at UND could do a far better job as a class assignment.

I'll believe that when I see it.  Millennials are the last group I'd entrust with the project.  Heck, I'd take grade school kids over college kids.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Boogieman said:

My Fighting Sioux Hoodies have become a premium!  I no longer put them in the dryer, or wear them excessively.  Not because I'm part of the Sioux Forever crowd.  But because I'd like them to last me for the final 40 years of my life.  And if I don't have to buy any of that other stuff, I assure you, I won't!  26 years after I graduated from Central as part of the last class to graduate as Redskins, I still haven't warmed up to Knights.  Why?  Because like Hawks, Knights doesn't kick @$$!

Well the Redskins never won state in football so there's that. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Well the Redskins never won state in football so there's that. 

True, the only title was in 2005. They have won 4 hockey titles as Knights. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Boogieman said:

My Fighting Sioux Hoodies have become a premium!  I no longer put them in the dryer, or wear them excessively.  Not because I'm part of the Sioux Forever crowd.  But because I'd like them to last me for the final 40 years of my life.  And if I don't have to buy any of that other stuff, I assure you, I won't!  26 years after I graduated from Central as part of the last class to graduate as Redskins, I still haven't warmed up to Knights.  Why?  Because like Hawks, Knights doesn't kick @$$!

You haven't warmed up to the name I voted on? Knights was a better choice than Pride so take that with a grain of salt. I was the last class to graduate as a Maroon and Grey.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

I'll believe that when I see it.  Millennials are the last group I'd entrust with the project.  Heck, I'd take grade school kids over college kids.

Ha.

Point well taken.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's Go Fighting Snowflakes

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2017 at 4:14 PM, petey23 said:

The marketing students at UND could do a far better job as a class assignment.

You want to trust Generation Snapchat with this project?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2017 at 4:19 PM, jdub27 said:

Out of what was left to pick from, Sundogs was the equivalent of getting a pepperoni, pineapple, and dog poop pizza.

That could have been our lunch had "Sundogs" been chosen, so I'll survive with pepperoni and Fighting Hawks just fine, thank you. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

That could have been our lunch had "Sundogs" been chosen, so I'll survive with pepperoni and Fighting Hawks just fine, thank you. 

Pretty much this....

Kelley would have been giddy with joy at the presser if that one had won.......

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now