SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

10 hours ago, KoolGuy2K said:

I don't get downtown much. How long have these little flags been up?

IMG_3207.PNG

I could be mistaken, but I think a lot of the new downtown signage...including in the windows of many businesses along Demers...coincided with homecoming last fall.  Much of it has remained, as I recall.

• Upvote 1

The nickname and logo are still awful.  Interlocking ND with North Dakota would have been so much better.  We should have let more time pass and then come up with something new.  Think about it the Hawks gained steam on campus because "How About We Keep Sioux" was some type of rebellion against the NCAA on campus.  Boy did we show them..  how did that work out!?!!?  Fighting Hawks nickname and logo sucks..

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 5

7 minutes ago, FSSD said:

The nickname and logo are still awful.  Interlocking ND with North Dakota would have been so much better.  We should have let more time pass and then come up with something new.  Think about it the Hawks gained steam on campus because "How About We Keep Sioux" was some type of rebellion against the NCAA on campus.  Boy did we show them..  how did that work out!?!!?  Fighting Hawks nickname and logo sucks..

Yet, the men and women who wear the name and logo and take the field under it had one of their best, breakout years ever.  Do you ever feel like you're fighting the wrong war, for the wrong reasons?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, FSSD said:

The nickname and logo are still awful.  Interlocking ND with North Dakota would have been so much better.  We should have let more time pass and then come up with something new.  Think about it the Hawks gained steam on campus because "How About We Keep Sioux" was some type of rebellion against the NCAA on campus.  Boy did we show them..  how did that work !?!!?  Fighting Hawks nickname and logo sucks..

The "How About We Keep Sioux" thing died a long time ago.  What you are seeing on campus as far as support is what it is.  The support for Hawks is only going to grow with every incoming freshmen class.  The only people fighting it will be Sioux lovers.  So be it.  

It's the new nickname and logo.  Get used to it.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

55 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

The "How About We Keep Sioux" thing died a long time ago.  What you are seeing on campus as far as support is what it is.  The support for Hawks is only going to grow with every incoming freshmen class.  The only people fighting it will be Sioux lovers.  So be it.  

It's the new nickname and logo.  Get used to it.  

I wonder if they'll need a safe space and a cup of hot chocolate if they see someone wearing a Fighting Sioux jersey? I have 11 jerseys, we can try it out!!

4 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

I wonder if they'll need a safe space and a cup of hot chocolate if they see someone wearing a Fighting Sioux jersey? I have 11 jerseys, we can try it out!!

Do it.  That would be so epic of you.  Those kids wouldn't know what hit em.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Emerald joker said:

If you need a safe space you don't belong at college or at least at UND send those pathetic losers off to California. I really wish that UND would follow the example of the University of Chicago  and take a strong stance against safe spaces and manditory trigger warnings. I truly dispise the sjw menials that have infested college.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

19 hours ago, FSSD said:

Does it suck because it's not the Fighting Sioux (the best name and logo ever)? I think for some the nickname could be anything except Sioux and they would think it sucks. It happens when generation after generation have been cheering it for 80 years. More time is not the answer after all we had a 3 year cooling off period. Did it help?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Does it suck because it's not the Fighting Sioux (the best name and logo ever)? I think for some the nickname could be anything except Sioux and they would think it sucks. It happens when generation after generation have been cheering it for 80 years. More time is not the answer after all we had a 3 year cooling off period. Did it help?

How many teams have some version of Hawks as a nickname? They couldn't have selected a more generic name.  Oh wait...we'll put the word 'Fighting' in front of it and then we are good to go.:D

• Upvote 4

For all the haters of the name and logo, just one thing:  Get used to it.  It's not going anywhere.  Yeah we got stuck with a generic name and a logo that didn't win the hearts and minds of all fans the second we saw it.  But if you are waiting for UND to "come to their senses" and change the logo or the nickname, you are going to be disappointed.    Fighting Hawks is here to stay.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

For all the haters of the name and logo, just one thing:  Get used to it.  It's not going anywhere.  Yeah we got stuck with a generic name and a logo that didn't win the hearts and minds of all fans the second we saw it.  But if you are waiting for UND to "come to their senses" and change the logo or the nickname, you are going to be disappointed.    Fighting Hawks is here to stay.

And if they did, the same people wanting a new name would start screaming you don't have the $$$, where are your priorities!?! #wantitbothways 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

37 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I'm not waiting for a new logo and I'm not going to get used to it. And now a days anything we get is going to be generic cuz they would pander to all the babies that want to find something offensive in everything!!! 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Blackheart said:

How many teams have some version of Hawks as a nickname? They couldn't have selected a more generic name.  

First off, I'm totally with you on your point.  That said, honestly, thank God we're not the Huskies.  That actually would have been worse.

• Upvote 1