SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

9 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Oh please dont make me delve into your perception (although I suspect I know what it is).

There certainly was plenty of outdated nickname apparel in Scheels Arena on Friday.

Exactly...........just a few thousand idiots who can't let go and won't embrace the best new nickname and logo in the Summit/MVFC. :huh: ;)

Edited by Oxbow6
Forgot the emojis
  • Downvote 2

6 hours ago, southpaw said:

Pretty awkward when a UND football fan brings up a choke job about another team...

Who said we were comparing UND programs? Nevertheless, do what you must to maintain your false reality. This is a thread about the new logo - keep it that way. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Who said we were comparing UND programs? Nevertheless, do what you must to maintain your false reality. This is a thread about the new logo - keep it that way. 

What false reality do I have?  Please enlighten me. 

6 minutes ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

I just think everyone is different. So let people come to terms with the nickname change in their own way and timeframe. Some people may never come around, but who cares. Keep supporting the teams and the school and leave it at that.

This ^^^^^^

21 minutes ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

Weren't you the one who started down this road?

No, I wasn't. If folks on here would actually read comprehensively, there would be an understanding of my stance. Instead, people try to take a reading shortcut and, subsequently, the topic becomes incredibly derailed. 

1 minute ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

My initial post in this thread detailed my stance and just this: support the University of North Dakota and stop focusing on nicknames, including the former nickname. 

Calling the loss to BU a choke job, when UND clearly was the better team for the majority of that game, is going to cause a negative reaction. I'm sure you probably know that.

2 minutes ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

I believe this was the post that got people irritated.

I can understand that. This is a sensitive subject for many, and for that reason, I'll let my former comments stand where they are and no longer post within this derailed thread. My initial point remains, though; when disagreements with the nickname and/or logo come up, it becomes personal or illogical real fast. Fans need to put more emphasize on the University and teams than they do on the mere nickname and logo.

Go UND Fighting Hawks

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

Calling the loss to BU a choke job, when UND clearly was the better team for the majority of that game, is going to cause a negative reaction. I'm sure you probably know that.

Yes, I do. If people want to call out my stance with an irrational tone, then I too can mirror that irrationality and call the effort a choke job. Although some didn't catch that and instead a storm of anger pursued. Of course, I don't truly think UND hockey choked, but they damn well could've played better. 

Okay, I'm officially done here.

Go UND

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I can understand that. This is a sensitive subject for many, and for that reason, I'll let my former comments stand where they are and no longer post within this derailed thread. My initial point remains, though; when disagreements with the nickname and/or logo come up, it becomes personal or illogical real fast. Fans need to put more emphasize on the University and teams than they do on the mere nickname and logo.

Go UND Fighting Hawks

I agree that nickname discussions become heated very quickly. Most people will come around sooner or later. We all want the same teams to win. Live and let live and some time in the future people won't be nearly as angry about this whole thing.

• Upvote 1

und could've tied all three names into one.... The University of North Dakota Fighting Flickertails...instead of a little white dove profile over the nd they could've put a profile of of a squirrel or whatever the hell a flickertail is and everyone from 1896 on would have felt "included"? Tails for short.

7 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

und could've tied all three names into one.... The University of North Dakota Fighting Flickertails...instead of a little white dove profile over the nd they could've put a profile of of a squirrel or whatever the hell a flickertail is and everyone from 1896 on would have felt "included"? Tails for short.

You know what they say, try to please everyone and you end up pleasing no one.

• Upvote 1

as much as i hate the name the logo is ours...we won't be confused again with other schools...espn just showed the three schools that are in the frozen four so far and according to the logos they appear to be..

harvard

ferris state

and The University of North Dakota!!??

3 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Fighting Flickertails

I'm back!

Conker.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 3/26/2017 at 10:06 AM, UND-FB-FAN said:

Oh please dont make me delve into your perception (although I suspect I know what it is).

There certainly was plenty of outdated nickname apparel in Scheels Arena on Friday.

Plenty of fans have purchased the "interim" jerseys - in case you hadn't noticed.  Since they're "interim," I haven't bought one - and won't buy one.  I'd like to see what they come up in terms of something new for 2017-2018.