President Kennedy Message on Athletics

fightingsioux4life

2 hours ago, planet2county said:

FY2016

4.0 million operating expenses

1.77 million operating revenue.

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

100 students

So average cost per student athlete somewhere around 1/4 of women's hockey?

Not to mention football also brings in Champions Club donations, which aren't included in revenues, and has had more fans in one game than WIH get's in an entire season. Or that football will be increasing ticket prices slightly, which will bring another couple hundred thousand dollars.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, siouxkid12 said:

Unfair? Are you kidding me? Life is not supposed to be fair or unfair. Sports costs a lot of money and someone needs to pay for it, students want lower tution, state residents want lower taxes, well this is what happens. So spare me the fair and unfair crybaby routine.

All that over one word?  It is unfair to those affected but did I say life is fair?  Was I being a crybaby two sentences later when I said it's probably good for UND?

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, UND92,96 said:

Football is the best friend of women's sports. How many women's sports would have to be cut to remain Title IX compliant if you were to eliminate 85 or 63 or 36 men's scholarships?

Or the roughly 100 participant slots of a football team. That's 100 participant slots for women's athletes. 

6 minutes ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

Or that football has an endowment approaching 2 million...

Or that it is the biggest alumni base (over 900 living alumni) with the most annual giving...

Or that the program has a National Alumni Committee of 20+ former players to help aid the program in all areas...

Or that UND Football alums have been paying for Impact Scholarships since the transition...

Or that the program is currently on the rise after winning the BSC and playing in the 2nd round of the FCS Playoffs...

Or that the team attracts 10,000 UND fans for gameday...

Or that revenues are on the rise...

Or that the program has a 123 year tradition and history of success...

Or that silly Title IX thing where it would make it impossible to cut 63 scholarships from the mens side...

Other than that and many other things I haven't mentioned, both sports are pretty comparable.

If this isn't a Mic drop statement then I don't know what is!

• Upvote 1

Faison stated all season ticket prices are going up and staying up. Is there anywhere that shows the new prices, champions club membership levels, etc? I know football went up $5 for season tickets, don't know anything else at this point.

1 minute ago, sprig said:

Faison stated all season ticket prices are going up and staying up. Is there anywhere that shows the new prices, champions club membership levels, etc? I know football went up $5 for season tickets, don't know anything else at this point.

I know Champions Club membership is going up. My Coaches is going to $1500. 

https://ndchampionsclub.com/membership-level-benefits 

6 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I know Champions Club membership is going up. My Coaches is going to $1500. 

https://ndchampionsclub.com/membership-level-benefits 

Outrageous!!  Better get some signs and hang them from the parking ramp!!

CUT                 MEMBERSHIP FEES                   NOT                    SPORTS

• Upvote 3