SiouxSports.com Forum

President Kennedy Message on Athletics

fightingsioux4life

1 minute ago, siouxkid12 said:

Is this a "I make it up as I go" theory?

Nope.  I would love to tell you but it would compromise my source.  When  I get conformation I will post it.  I can tell you this. They were talking about it in Bismark.

14 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Nope.  I would love to tell you but it would compromise my source.  When  I get conformation I will post it.  I can tell you this. They were talking about it in Bismark.

Considering you've provide no substance to back up any of your claims outside of an unsubstantiated rumor that your buddy supposedly didn't get paid timely (despite no proof and no other known instances where that has happened), I won't hold my breath. If "they" were talking about it in Bismarck, it obviously isn't a big secret, so I'm not sure what your hesitation to share is.

You never did address my question about the NDSU athletic department not paying one of their assistant coaches his full salary. Whatever happened there?

49 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Considering you've provide no substance to back up any of your claims outside of an unsubstantiated rumor that your buddy supposedly didn't get paid timely (despite no proof and no other known instances where that has happened), I won't hold my breath. If "they" were talking about it in Bismarck, it obviously isn't a big secret, so I'm not sure what your hesitation to share is.

You never did address my question about the NDSU athletic department not paying one of their assistant coaches his full salary. Whatever happened there?

Never heard about it.

But you can believe what you choose.  Im just waiting on verification. Its not earth shattering considering how some do business up there. But it will be ugly. It will come out in due time.  Stuff like this usually does.

10 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Never heard about it.

But you can believe what you choose.  Im just waiting on verification. Its not earth shattering considering how some do business up there. But it will be ugly. It will come out in due time.  Stuff like this usually does.

Is it athletics related or deeper rhan that?

Just now, Goon said:

Title 9. You can dream, not going to happen. 

Title IX is not an issue for UND if they want to cut Women's sports.  Simple shifting of things after the cuts and UND would be more than good.  They are actually in a great spot to cut sports now.

• Upvote 1

When the president suggests re-examining current conference affiliations I have a hard time believing that means he thinks a move to FBS which would increase expenses, is the right move?  If I'm him i would want to see exactly what how BSC travel costs compare to that of ndsu, usd, sdsu.  If he can't get that data by simply asking for it from ndsu, I would think there would be helpful legislators which could force that data from them.  What's the point of leaving the BSC if there isn't a significant cost savings?

As if recruiting isn't difficult enough they need this to explain away to recruits?

$1.4 million is between 5 and 10% of the athletics budget. That is not unexpected given the state just had a special session to deal with deep budget issues.

I want to know how Bresciani plans to cut the 15% from NDSU athletics he mentioned in his emails.

1 minute ago, The Sicatoka said:

$1.4 million is between 5 and 10% of the athletics budget. That is not unexpected given the state just had a special session to deal with deep budget issues.

I want to know how Bresciani plans to cut the 15% from NDSU athletics he mentioned in his emails.

how many hockey jerseys is $1.4M in profit?

#limitededitionblackhawklogo

1 hour ago, Goon said:

The university will not cut women's hockey. 

Then they are dumber than we thought. Trim the fat. Even in Grand Forks nobody cares about womens hockey. The perfect situation already happened with the Lammy twins and they still didn't win and fans still didn't show up. The fans care more about volleyball and women basketball because they are actually good to watch.

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, FSSD said:

More details or go away you are simply trolling at this point.  Act your age.

14 minutes ago, FSSD said:

More details or go away you are simply trolling at this point.  Act your age.

Yeah you go with that.:)

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Then they are dumber than we thought. Trim the fat. Even in Grand Forks nobody cares about womens hockey. The perfect situation already happened with the Lammy twins and they still didn't win and fans still didn't show up. The fans care more about volleyball and women basketball because they are actually good to watch.

A lot of potential there. Plus its not a money pit.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Goon said:

The university will not cut women's hockey. 

And it's more than Title IX.

Women's hockey takes up a lot of the REA expenses.  Not because its so expensive to field a team, but the REA spreads out some expenses on both teams.  Cutting women's hockey means most of their respective expenses go over to the men's team.

It's a simple business concept that most of you fail.

And you don't pass off a big donor, the Engelstad, who have endowed many women's scholarships.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Matt said:

When the president suggests re-examining current conference affiliations I have a hard time believing that means he thinks a move to FBS which would increase expenses, is the right move?  If I'm him i would want to see exactly what how BSC travel costs compare to that of ndsu, usd, sdsu.  If he can't get that data by simply asking for it from ndsu, I would think there would be helpful legislators which could force that data from them.  What's the point of leaving the BSC if there isn't a significant cost savings?

As if recruiting isn't difficult enough they need this to explain away to recruits?

An FBS move wouldn't start till later when ND will be financially in better shape  (think oil trust funds).  A WAC move now would cut travel to the west coast, as those teams would move to the Big Sky.  Most FBS schools lose less on football than FCS schools.  That should compute in your brains but it doesn't seem to.

I actually have more faith that an FBS move is coming than I ever had.  Moving conferences is normally very expensive but the WAC and Big Sky schools can slide over without cost IMHO.

Kennedy wants control of spending, because if it gets out of hand that will blow a chance of FBS.  Faison may not like it, but Schlossman knew something was coming.  Faison uses Schlossman for leaks.  That's how Schlossman was the first reporter to know about the NCHC.

If there is a story, it's how Kennedy and Faison are working together.

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Women's hockey attracts more than a thousand people a game.  Granted many get in free.  But my parents get into volleyball free too because they purchase other season tickets.  VB all gets less crowds than women's hockey.

1 minute ago, SiouxVolley said:

Women's hockey attracts more than a thousand people a game.  Granted many get in free.  But my parents get into volleyball free too because they purchase other season tickets.  VB all gets less crowds than women's hockey.

You got the numbers to back it up?