SiouxSports.com Forum

President Kennedy Message on Athletics

fightingsioux4life

5 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I guess I would prefer that people learn to cope with stress like any other adult. Maybe you're work is way cooler than mine, but when we're stressed with deadlines, we aren't told to go color or play with puppies and kittens. 

I guess my issue is treating adults like children, rather and expecting them to act like adults. There is wide spectrum of ways to handle stress that lie between acting like grade-schoolers and encouraging excessive drinking.

Do you think mental health counseling and treatment is just like coloring and playing with puppies and kittens? How about psychiatric meds? Are those "wrong" too?

Getting back on topic, I don't think the "De-Stress" rooms cost anything substantial, and thus are not worth worrying about.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

The bolded area above is what the "De-Stress" rooms were for. But certain individuals like to blow them out of proportion and turn them into a straw-man to b!tch about some social and/or cultural issue. This is also the same crowd that thinks underage alcohol use is a "Rite of Passage" and just letting young people "sow their wild oats" is an example of "old-fashioned values", but I digress.

Like I said, there are different levels and the one's I'm referring to are beyond the that. But it isn't, for the most part, a budget issue, it is something completely separate, so I'll leave it at that.

43 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

What is wrong with "De-Stress" rooms? Would you prefer discount cards for local drinking establishments instead?

Human beings are not robots; learning how to manage stress properly is important for everyone.

You don't deal with stress....just push it down deep inside....it will come out eventually. ;)

37 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Do you think mental health counseling and treatment is just like coloring and playing with puppies and kittens? How about psychiatric meds? Are those "wrong" too?

Getting back on topic, I don't think the "De-Stress" rooms cost anything substantial, and thus are not worth worrying about.

I think you're taking this to a whole different level. Stressing during finals week or Crying because the person you voted for didn't get elected, is a far cry from legitimately needing psychiatric meds or counseling.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Air Force One said:

Will UND now need to have teams for all sponsored league sports or do we have a lesser number we have to meet?

IIRC, The only "required" sponsored sports are M and W basketball, then they can pick a minimum of 4 or 5 additional sports on each side.  So for example UND can do this

Mens

Basketball

Indoor track

outdoor track

Golf

Cross country

Swimming

Womens

Basketball

Indoor Track

Outdoor Track

Golf

Cross Country

Swimming

Volleyball

Non-Summit sports UND offers

FB

M/W Hockey

6 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

How about Women's Studies? That would rile up a certain crowd :) and a certain English professor (If she is still there). Anyone recall the gal that ripped into the ROTC group.

I took that class, Phillip Moore and I were the only men in my Women's Studies class. I recommend that everyone take that class. 

I found it informative. Didn't agree with a lot of the militant feminist stuff, but it was an interesting experience. 

3 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

If I'm remembering correctly, M&W tennis were started to comply with BSC requirements.  Seems those would be easy(ier) cuts now.

Mens tennis was started for the Big Sky.  We had women's for many years before.  They were actually pretty good in the NCC.

On 1/24/2017 at 1:32 PM, The Sicatoka said:

So you haven't seen the "gender neutral" rest rooms in A. Glenn Hill Hall at NDSU? They're right across from the traditional mens and womens rest rooms. Not kidding. 

On 1/24/2017 at 6:55 PM, bison73 said:

:(

Be sad all you want; here's the proof. 

sqgxtg.jpg 

PS - I was wrong. This is not across from the traditional Mens and Womens rest rooms. Those are across the wide corridor. 

This room is across from the Gender Neutral rest room. 

acg579.jpg 

I was a tourist and doing the tourist thing (meaning photos, albeit badly based on these 90 degrees off rotations :D ). 

You should visit sometime. They seem prepared to meet all your needs. ;)

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Be sad all you want; here's the proof. 

sqgxtg.jpg 

PS - I was wrong. This is not across from the traditional Mens and Womens rest rooms. Those are across the wide corridor. 

This room is across from the Gender Neutral rest room. 

acg579.jpg 

I was a tourist and doing the tourist thing (meaning photos, albeit badly based on these 90 degrees off rotations :D ). 

You should visit sometime. They seem prepared to meet all your needs. ;)

So which do you use if you're a lactating gender neutral with a disability?   

• Upvote 4

On 1/24/2017 at 8:03 PM, Goon said:

I took that class, Phillip Moore and I were the only men in my Women's Studies class. I recommend that everyone take that class. 

I found it informative. Didn't agree with a lot of the militant feminist stuff, but it was an interesting experience. 

My good buddy Phillip, miss that guy. Grew up with him. 

22 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

So which do you use if you're a lactating gender neutral with a disability?   

Sounds like the Trifecta to me! "That" individual needs to go by lottery tickets or apply for some government assistance program.........or be a guest on "Ellen".

#imissjerryspringer

• 1 month later...
On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 10:08 AM, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

We had Mens tennis when I was in school, early 70's.

We had men's tennis in the 80's as well. I remember the #1 player playing intramurals during his 5th year of school and he finished in the top 3.

• 2 weeks later...