SiouxSports.com Forum

NoiseInsideMyHead

52 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

When I left GF in 1999, 32nd Ave S was where everything was. The only thing south of it was Uland Park. Now you are talking about 15 blocks south of that in under 20 years. GF is growing and I think it’s growing at a nice pace. 

You left in 1999 the same year Terry Wanless left. Wonder if he would have wanted to stay D2? Was he looking to get out or was he given an offer he couldn't refuse. Big changes started in 1999.

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

It’s better to be ahead of the growth. South Fargo is a good example of this.

To a point, yes. However there are more pressing needs than converting a mile of 3-lane to 4 that currently is plenty adequate. The sales tax passing this fall is a big step in not only catching up but also being able to prepare for growth.

• Upvote 1

If you look at the Midwest region (Mark Schill at Praxis Strategy Group Grand Forks has them) Fargo and Bismarck are the top two growing metro areas. They're at outrageous (unsustainable?) levels. 

But just a few slots down the list is Grand Forks. It's well above the regional average growth. It's well above peer cities except for (wait for it) Fargo and Bismarck. 

By comparison, St. Cloud is below the regional mean for growth. 

If all you can do is stare at Fargo and Bismarck, you're missing that Grand Forks is growing at an impressive and sustainable pace. 

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

If you look at the Midwest region (Mark Schill at Praxis Strategy Group Grand Forks has them) Fargo and Bismarck are the top two growing metro areas. They're at outrageous (unsustainable?) levels. 

But just a few slots down the list is Grand Forks. It's well above the regional average growth. It's well above peer cities except for (wait for it) Fargo and Bismarck. 

If all you can do is stare at Fargo and Bismarck, you're missing that Grand Forks is growing at an impressive and sustainable pace. 

Not a conspiracy guy eh. Question data it happens every day in politics.

Can't blame the flood on anybody. But there's been a lot of damage to UND In a time when we're sitting on billions.  And nickname

Promise fertilizer plant Big Sky to GF while cuts are being made at UND. Shell game. 5OO Million in deferred maintenance. Who to blame never pinpoint that down. Not attacking you questioning things.

Bill O'Reilly to guest. You guys always come up with something. 

2 hours ago, moser53 said:

Not a conspiracy guy eh. Question data it happens every day in politics.

Can't blame the flood on anybody. But there's been a lot of damage to UND In a time when we're sitting on billions.  And nickname

Promise fertilizer plant Big Sky to GF while cuts are being made at UND. Shell game. 5OO Million in deferred maintenance. Who to blame never pinpoint that down. Not attacking you questioning things.

Bill O'Reilly to guest. You guys always come up with something. 

Stay on topic if you're going to post anything. 

- Moderators

On January 20, 2018 at 12:36 PM, The Sicatoka said:

Dr. David Flynn on KNOX this am said sales tax collections were down  for I think he said 18 out of the last 25 months.

One of the reasons he said could be what has happened at UND. I've said she'll  game.

Who does these studies.Could the GF part of this study be fake.  Down 18 out of 25. I trust Flynn. Who do you trust.

I believe Gf and UND is on the hit list. You may not 

• 2 months later...
On 9/25/2017 at 6:48 AM, Cratter said:

I'll often watch Doug DeMuro on Youtube review all sorts of cars. He's pretty entertaining and has a large variety of cars he reviews. He has about a million subscribers.

I was a little shocked when I clicked on him reviewing a $400,000 Lexus in a UND Fighting Hawk tshirt.

Me watching more "car videos" on  youtube. Came across "Jay Leno's Garge" reviewing a Case IH Quadtrac (Doug DeMuro has also been on Jay's show).

@ 30:20  a shout out to Fargo where they're made.

• 1 month later...

Fate (and necessity) took me to the Grand Cities Mall the other day. I entered off of Washington across from the bowling alley and passed the Tesoro station. Then I made my way toward Kmart.  After a brief stop, I exited to the north along the path defined by Play it Again, Ace Hardware, and Popplers, passing by Northwest Tire as I turned onto 17th.

I really missed that series of obnoxious, black, suspension-destroying speed bumps outside of the HOPE Church entrance, because they would have been the smoothest, least jarring part of the entire freaking trip.

To the owners of this property, I say - with all sincerity - F THE HELL OFF.  If North Korea launched a nuke aimed at the Grand Cities Mall parking lot, and I alone held the key to self-destruct, let's just say...it must have bounced out of my cup-holder and slipped between the seats of my car.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Fate (and necessity) took me to the Grand Cities Mall the other day. I entered off of Washington across from the bowling alley and passed the Tesoro station. Then I made my way toward Kmart.  After a brief stop, I exited to the north along the path defined by Play it Again, Ace Hardware, and Popplers, passing by Northwest Tire as I turned onto 17th.

I really missed that series of obnoxious, black, suspension-destroying speed bumps outside of the HOPE Church entrance, because they would have been the smoothest, least jarring part of the entire freaking trip.

To the owners of this property, I say - with all sincerity - F THE HELL OFF.  If North Korea launched a nuke aimed at the Grand Cities Mall parking lot, and I alone held the key to self-destruct, let's just say...it must have bounced out of my cup-holder and slipped between the seats of my car.

Hope Church owns the mall.

The portion of between Washington and getting into the parking lot (going east and west) is owned by the gas station. However the remainder of the parking lot is owned by Hope Church and is an absolute disaster. Some of it was fixed a few years back but you can't tell. Can't imagine some of the tenants are happy with it.

The talk of the grand cities mall reminds me of the gateway mall in Bismarck... both are a blight on the landscape.

Huge areas of massive potential for commercial real estate redevelopment.... but being held in the limbo world of quasi functioning.

The cities should do everything they can, including maybe an "accidental"  fire or runaway payloader incident to rid the structures and redevelop.

Massive missed tax collection potential, I think it would be in the people best interest to for city government to act, but neither will.

I will just continue to #PrayForMyRims

2 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

How about 2nd Ave N from Washington to the HPC?  What a complete disaster zone.  I honestly think my suspension got F'd up the other day.

Drove down both a short while ago, extremely bad condition. Grand Cities Mall parking lot has the larger holes. 

19 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Hope Church owns the mall.

Apparently it's a great time to be in the "non-profit" business when a church can buy an entire mall and slowly turn it into compound one tax exempt space at a time as the leaseholders are forced out.