SiouxSports.com Forum

NoiseInsideMyHead

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On September 26, 2017 at 9:19 AM, UNDBIZ said:

North 42nd needs to be 4 laned all the way from 32nd street the Alerus Center. City says maybe in 10 years. There's no $ were broke is what we hear nonstop these days. How did our forefathers build thousands of miles of roads and bridges in ND and Minnesota 100 years ago. Why  did the state city planners make it hard to get to the Al? It makes Grand Forks look like a town instead of a city.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, moser53 said:

North 42nd needs to be 4 laned all the way from 32nd street the Alerus Center. City says maybe in 10 years. There's no $ were broke is what we hear nonstop these days. How did our forefathers build thousands of miles of roads and bridges in ND and Minnesota 100 years ago. Why  did the state city planners make it hard to get to the Al? It makes Grand Forks look like a town instead of a city.

This is why we passed the sales tax increase in November (by a 4 to 1 margin, I might add).

I think the section of 42nd you are talking about is (or was) a part of the County and not the City, so you had different jurisdictions in charge of different parts of the road. I think this happened in EGF where one side of the street was County and the other side was City.

What is the difference between our forefathers and us? We whine and complain about taxes more than we used to. Everyone wants a free lunch. Well, that doesn't exist.

42 minutes ago, moser53 said:

They are making 42nd a 4 lane from south of 6th Ave N and to the north it will be a 3 lane to Gateway with construction expected to start this year. I don't see the need to make 17th Ave to 32 Ave 4 lane until that area infills.

14 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

This is why we passed the sales tax increase in November (by a 4 to 1 margin, I might add).

I think the section of 42nd you are talking about is (or was) a part of the County and not the City, so you had different jurisdictions in charge of different parts of the road. I think this happened in EGF where one side of the street was County and the other side was City.

What is the difference between our forefathers and us? We whine and complain about taxes more than we used to. Everyone wants a free lunch. Well, that doesn't exist.

Roads Bridges Off Ramps Underpasses in GF are never a state priority. The $ spent in Bismarck Fargo on this stuff is a priority. 42nd should be a state priority like the roads around the State Capital or Medora. Want proof look where the $ is being spent.

4 minutes ago, moser53 said:

Roads Bridges Off Ramps Underpasses in GF are never a state priority. The $ spent in Bismarck Fargo on this stuff is a priority. 42nd should be a state priority like the roads around the State Capital or Medora. Want proof look where the $ is being spent.

in Grand Forks are ne

Do you have numbers to back this up or are you just complaining?

1 minute ago, moser53 said:

I've driven in Fargo many times it's right in your face.  Trust the bean counters all the money is a big secret.

I have driven down there many times. And their roads are always clogged with vehicles. I am thankful Grand Forks doesn't have that level of urban congestion.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I have driven down there many times. And their roads are always clogged with vehicles. I am thankful Grand Forks doesn't have that level of urban congestion.

GF and UND have to grow. With growth you have a voice. Edmore ND has no voice. My cousin who lives there says Edmore won't be here in 50 years. Do you want growth problems or no growth problems ?  I want growth.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Fargo’s answer to congestion was 3 lanes, now we say, “great, now we have 3 lanes of slow-assed drivers”.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, moser53 said:

GF and UND have to grow. With growth you have a voice. Edmore ND has no voice. My cousin who lives there says Edmore won't be here in 50 years. Do you want growth problems or no growth problems ?  I want growth.

Growth is fine but you don’t want quick growth like what Fargo is experiencing. The leaders here aren’t thinking long term so they are ripping up the same stretch of road many times as the city grows (ex. 13th Ave S.). I am sure GF is growing at a reasonable pace. It sure grows each time I drive up there. Look at the city 10 years ago and I’m sure you would be surprised.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Growth is fine but you don’t want quick growth like what Fargo is experiencing. The leaders here aren’t thinking long term so they are ripping up the same stretch of road many times as the city grows (ex. 13th Ave S.). I am sure GF is growing at a reasonable pace. It sure grows each time I drive up there. Look at the city 10 years ago and I’m sure you would be surprised.

When Hugo's is planning on building a new outlet in the 40th to 47th Avenue South area, you know there is growth happening. Not to mention all the new apartments popping up down there. Somebody is moving into those units.......they aren't renting to ghosts.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, moser53 said:

Growth is good. Too much growth too soon is not. They cannot keep up with the urban sprawl in Fargo. That cuts into the quality of life.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

They are making 42nd a 4 lane from south of 6th Ave N and to the north it will be a 3 lane to Gateway with construction expected to start this year. I don't see the need to make 17th Ave to 32 Ave 4 lane until that area infills.

It’s better to be ahead of the growth. South Fargo is a good example of this.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, fightingsioux4life said:

When Hugo's is planning on building a new outlet in the 40th to 47th Avenue South area, you know there is growth happening. Not to mention all the new apartments popping up down there. Somebody is moving into those units.......they aren't renting to ghosts.

When I left GF in 1999, 32nd Ave S was where everything was. The only thing south of it was Uland Park. Now you are talking about 15 blocks south of that in under 20 years. GF is growing and I think it’s growing at a nice pace. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, darell1976 said:

When I left GF in 1999, 32nd Ave S was where everything was. The only thing south of it was Uland Park. Now you are talking about 15 blocks south of that in under 20 years. GF is growing and I think it’s growing at a nice pace. 

Back when I was growing up (1980's), 32nd Ave S. from Washington to Columbia was open country. Part of S. 20th Street was in open country as well. Now that whole area is pretty much developed. In early 1989, we had a paralyzing blizzard that shut down 32nd Avenue. Now it is more sheltered so it doesn't get shut down like that anymore.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

It’s better to be ahead of the growth. South Fargo is a good example of this.

State to Grand Forks no $ this year. When can we expect $. 

Let me get back to you on that. GF calls state back after waiting 6 months for an answer. 

State finally answers GF. The 10 year funding plan is out. And your not on it.

The truth.

2 minutes ago, moser53 said:

Let me get back to you on that. GF calls state back after waiting 6 months for an answer. 

The truth.

Link?

1 minute ago, moser53 said:

The truth.

The biggest problem is the Federal government is not funding roads like they used to. That is where the big money is.