SiouxSports.com Forum

NoiseInsideMyHead

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/17/2016 at 2:28 PM, sprig said:

Reading this stuff has me paying more attention as to whether I'm slow or not.  So, driving Belmont today (to and from Lincoln golf) I'm driving 35 (speed limit 30). Going north,  a pickup is about 3 blocks behind me,  but catches me in half a block,  then plays bumper tag until I go straight and he turns on 32nd. (He had to be going 55-60 to catch me that quickly). Going back,  going 35 again,  I'm bumper tagged again by a very impatient dude in a car,  and when I signal to turn right,  he pulls out to the other lane and passes me. It's a city street,  not a damn highway.  To all those who think an old guy going 5 over the limit it too slow, screw 'em. Develop some patience, or leave earlier if you're late. 

Sprig, I didn't know you played golf. We may have to play before the snow flies. 

On 8/19/2016 at 8:50 AM, dagies said:

I've been trapping and disposing of them but they're like the Russians in WWII.  they just keep coming, and you can't get 'em all.    I do have a pellet gun but these days in the city I don't carry it around the yard.  That's asking for trouble.

All you need is a couple of Labrador Retrievers to take care of the problem No firearms needed. :) My younger dog Max barks at them as they climb all over the north fence. I swear, I saw one giving him the finger. 

On 8/19/2016 at 7:59 PM, Fetch said:

I can't find 22 shells

On 8/19/2016 at 9:07 AM, sprig said:

I've got some space in south Forks with the greenway behind me, so I get away with a few pellets. And the neighbors seeing me do it support it, since they want the damn rodents out of their yards. Have never seen ground squirrels as scared of traps as these. I could put a trap or any other object by all holes and the rodents disappear, never using the holes again, including the main wiener raising burrows.  100 traps to pick up is just too many every time I mow.  Besides, it's my sport these days, living so far away from the ducks.

1 hour ago, Goon said:

All you need is a couple of Labrador Retrievers to take care of the problem No firearms needed. :) My younger dog Max barks at them as they climb all over the north fence. I swear, I saw one giving him the finger. 

I just put down my girl (14+ years old :love:) in May.  But she was a good bird dog and I taught her not to chase squirrels and rabbits.  So while she was great out in the field, she didn't help much with the rodents in the yard  

On 8/19/2016 at 8:50 AM, dagies said:

I've been trapping and disposing of them but they're like the Russians in WWII.  they just keep coming, and you can't get 'em all.    I do have a pellet gun but these days in the city I don't carry it around the yard.  That's asking for trouble.

You think you've got squirrel problems ... 

My 13 yr old Valkyrie (Val) well actually Fetch's Valkyrie of the Northland (she brought the dead pheasants & ducks to Vahalla) now we got bunnies & squirrels she gets pizzed at in the back yard under my shed & the squirrels run along my 6 ft wood fence - she will charge & growl a little & maybe one or two barks but she knows she is not going to catch them - In her prime they just stayed away - now they almost are trying to taunt her---- I HAVE NEVER ATE COTTON TAILS OR SQUIRRELS - Funny how when ur a kid u don't worry about BB or Pellet guns Now days I'm sure I could end up in jail ???

On 9/27/2016 at 11:28 PM, dagies said:

I just put down my girl (14+ years old :love:) in May.  But she was a good bird dog and I taught her not to chase squirrels and rabbits.  So while she was great out in the field, she didn't help much with the rodents in the yard  

Dakota is almost 13 and is a shell of his former self. He's not allowed to chase Rabbits and other misc animals in the field. In my fenced backyard, Max (gun shy non-hunting lab) does most of the patrolling and security.