SiouxSports.com Forum

Goofers are insane

Fetch

18 minutes ago, snova4 said:

That's not entirely true. That meth comes from somewhere, produced by someone, trafficked by someone, sold by someone. Somewhere along the line, blood is shed , people have died, and more families wrecked than can be imagined. You'll never hear out of my mouth that drug use is victimless. 

that episode was just on dragnet last month...  awesome

54 minutes ago, snova4 said:

That's not entirely true. That meth comes from somewhere, produced by someone, trafficked by someone, sold by someone. Somewhere along the line, blood is shed , people have died, and more families wrecked than can be imagined. You'll never hear out of my mouth that drug use is victimless. 

A user/abuser of drugs is big time different then a maker, trafficker, or dealer. Lock those people up and throw away the key....but help the people with addiction, at least the ones that want the help.

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

RIGHT!  The judge should have thrown the book at him and forced him to attend every single B10 hockey game this year.  Now THAT would have been punishmnent!

A better one, have him cover UND hockey for a year. Calling team a bunch of  of goons not allowed. 

Tickets for the Gopher Games have always been pricey by college standards; it’s not at all surprising that they are trying to milk as much money as possible out of this game. Not only will bring the Fighting Sioux (or Hawks) faithful down in droves, but it may bring back some of the fans that the U of M has been losing since the move to the Big Ten. Honestly if it weren't for the fact that attendance for Goofer hockey has been dropping since the switch to Big Ten hockey I would bet that they would be trying to hold this game at the Xcel Center.

They also probably want to ensure that the UND fans don't out number the Minnesota fans. Yes they will be many who drive down from North Dakota for the game but there are also plenty right in the Twin Cities.

• 2 months later...

For those questioning the prices to the Gopher/Sioux hockey game. Just look at this picture that was tweeted out by Chirps to Gophers this weekend. They have to be taking a hit, and are I'm sure trying to recoup some of their revenue.

This is going to be an extremely hostile environment ..... for the Goofs. I'll be there Saturday night, not sure about Friday yet, but I'm expect this to be similar to when UND goes to Denver. Hope we can get the first goal because it'll get loud in there. Wish they served beer in the arena.

IMG_20161024_085941.jpg

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

For those questioning the prices to the Gopher/Sioux hockey game. Just look at this picture that was tweeted out by Chirps to Gophers this weekend. They have to be taking a hit, and are I'm sure trying to recoup some of their revenue.

This is going to be an extremely hostile environment ..... for the Goofs. I'll be there Saturday night, not sure about Friday yet, but I'm expect this to be similar to when UND goes to Denver. Hope we can get the first goal because it'll get loud in there. Wish they served beer in the arena.

IMG_20161024_085941.jpg

Is that a women's hockey game?

1 minute ago, Old Time Hockey said:

The gophers are a joke!  We should write them a check for $20k and skip out on them.  Why help them boost ratings?  It's comical that we agreed to play them in their building first.  Who needs each other more?  Seems since the Goofs and Bucky left we been doing just fine......  How are they doing???  A picture tells a thousand words!

I'm not ready to go all North Dakota State Agricultural Community College on the bit yet. Its not a matter of who needs whom, but how important are rivalries, and what do fans like. Do we NEED them on the schedule, no, but it does make for a fun game for fan who have loved the rivalry for years; on both sides of the fan base. It'll definitely be a money maker. Mariucci will be sold out ... with plenty of Green in the stands.

Its the same reason Bubba agreed to go to Fargo twice to play the Bison. I guess, I'm not bothered by the fact that we go there first, as they come right back up next season, and I'm really pumped for the Vegas game. I wouldn't say the Bison NEED us, they have done just fine; but the rivalry games certainly add another element to the season.

Gopher are their own worst enemy. They have plenty of talent, but don't have a coach that can put it together anymore. Lucia has a great record over the year, but I think they need to pull a Wisconsin and clean house. Wisconsin needed to move on from Eaves 4 or 5 years ago.

• Upvote 4