SiouxSports.com Forum

Goofers are insane

Fetch

4 minutes ago, DaveK said:

No, the people who need counseling are those of you who seem to think that following a sports team requires unconditional love. I seem to be the only one here capable of keeping it in proper perspective : It is merely entertainment and nothing more, cheer for a team only for as long as they continue to offer a product that you like.

And the product,  for you,  is a name and logo. 

People cheer for who they want to cheer for.  Nobody was a Patriots fan and you NEVER saw a New England jersey anywhere until Tom Brady came along.  Seahawks fans are everywhere now too.  How many die-hard Bison fans and UND haters in Fargo are HUGE North Dakota hockey fans?  LOTS!  And they're chastised here too because some folks don't understand how you can be a fan of both teams.

Everyone needs to relax and let DaveK be DaveK.  He's a Gopher hockey fan now.  Big deal.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

I never knew why many of you were always so hard on DaveK?

Until now.........wow!

He kinda seems to revel in it, doesn't he?  I've never picked at him (that I recall) because I don't know him.  Although we're both in Fargo, so I may have met him?  One thing is for sure; If DaveK and I ever meet for a beer, I hope it's a day I'm wearing Bruins gear ;)

• Upvote 3

Only 10 year olds pick teams to like based on their name alone.  That's so weird I can't comprehend that any adult would ever do that.

I am glad you are no longer a fan DaveK.  Please stay away.  Far away.   You are a perfect Gophs fan.  They can have you.

• Upvote 2

The Logo most likely is not coming back

Dave gets to decide if he wants to come back or not

Got to admit Dave can pull the chains on many & many of u are stubborn as can be - We should have considered Mules as a new name :silly:

6 hours ago, DaveK said:

No, the people who need counseling are those of you who seem to think that following a sports team requires unconditional love. I seem to be the only one here capable of keeping it in proper perspective : It is merely entertainment and nothing more, cheer for a team only for as long as they continue to offer a product that you like.

Sounds like a bandwagon fan to me. 

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, DaveK said:

Who died and left you in charge of assigning a limit of one forum to each person? As a matter of fact I am registered at that forum as well as this one and (GASP) many other ones too. People around here have such weak comebacks.

Indeed.  People obviously with pants that are not smart.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Did he hurt anyone other than himself? 

I don't know but they said it was a second felony offense so I thought the sentence seemed light.    That being said, I hope he gets the help he needs.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

I don't know but they said it was a second felony offense so I thought the sentence seemed light.    That being said, I hope he gets the help he needs.

Heavily disliked the guy as broadcaster but he's got a problem. Feel bad for him and his family. I hope he gets better and finds a way to be happy. Gopher or not I take no joy seeing a person end up like this. 

3 hours ago, Blackheart said:

10 years of probation plus 180 days in the clink?  I think he got off easy.

RIGHT!  The judge should have thrown the book at him and forced him to attend every single B10 hockey game this year.  Now THAT would have been punishmnent!

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

I guess I'm not a big fan of extended prison sentences for people who didn't physically or financially harm anyone else. 

That's not entirely true. That meth comes from somewhere, produced by someone, trafficked by someone, sold by someone. Somewhere along the line, blood is shed , people have died, and more families wrecked than can be imagined. You'll never hear out of my mouth that drug use is victimless. 

• Upvote 2