SiouxSports.com Forum

Goofers are insane

Fetch

39 minutes ago, DaveK said:

UND decided to further insult the cherished memory of the Fighting Sioux name by forcing this lame new nickname/logo on the public. That is what happened to me never posting here again. Any more questions, smarty pants?

I have a question Dave, did you even attend UND. Last time I checked, it doesn't say Fighting Sioux on my two diplomas. It says University of North Dakota. So, I am loyal to my school no matter now lame the nickname might be. 

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, DaveK said:

Yeah, that's what I assumed you meant. I was saying UND fans are to Gopher hockey what Bison fans are to UND football. Do you not recognize the difference between your comment and mine? We are not in agreement, which makes me a little confused by your previous post.

Whatever makes you feel good Dave. 

9 hours ago, DaveK said:

Well then I am most certainly not any part of the "we" that you're referring to, because the way I see it the UND fans are the ones who are just like Bison fans. Between UND hockey and NDSU football I am really having a hard time deciding which fanbase is more arrogant.

...said the Gofer hockey fan.

3 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Makes sense now. Goofer and Penguins fan. What a terrible combination. 

I think the Penguins are the NHL's version of the Gophers a bunch of whining crybabies, I am pointing the finger at Malkin and Crosby. The Vancouver Canucks are second. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, DaveK said:

Who died and left you in charge of assigning a limit of one forum to each person? As a matter of fact I am registered at that forum as well as this one and (GASP) many other ones too. People around here have such weak comebacks.

You throw away allegiances like an old toothbrush.  Sad really.  

• Upvote 2

What I paid for: an education, a university experience, a career, a pretty decent life.

So I respect that University for what it did for me. Sure, there are bumps in the relationship, show me a relationship without bumps, but for me my relationship with the University of North Dakota, and all it offers, and all it did for me, goes far beyond a nickname and a logo. 

I love a University that has an athletics program and so much more. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, DaveK said:

That is your opinion, which you are very much entitled to. Speaking for myself, I follow college sports the same way that I follow pro sports. I will say it is "just a college sports program" in the very same context that I'll say it is "just a pro sports franchise". I don't cheer for geography, I cheer for teams. I am big on nicknames and logos. Back when the Penguins were rumored to be on the verge of possibly moving to Kansas City I was very nervous, not at the idea of them leaving Pittsburgh but rather at the thought of a possible name change. I could support the Kansas City Penguins just as I support the Pittsburgh Penguins but if they changed the name it would have been a deal breaker. Once the name is changed it marks the end of one program/franchise and the beginning of a new one. You don't have to share my viewpoint, but you have to respect the fact that I am entitled to it. It is wrong to tell somebody their feelings are wrong.

Your feelings are wrong. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, DaveK said:

. I don't cheer for geography, I cheer for teams. I am big on nicknames and logos.

Sounds like, from all your diatribes, you cheer for names and logos, and will drop a team in a heartbeat if their name and logo changes. You need counseling, and probably not the kind you get here.

• Upvote 2