SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 football uniforms

77iceman

New alternate gray uniforms for this season. 

They look nice. Now add a nice gray helmet with green/white striping down the middle and it will look beautiful. I personally want to see the old 70s combo of gray helmet, green jersey, and gray pants -- I think that combination would be my favorite. 

2 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Is that the green ND and the white Fighting Hawk on the left shoulder?  Looks awfully similar to what Eastern Michigan has worn in recent seasons.

2013-eastern-michigan-football-uniform-6

No, same shoulder stripping pattern as current green and white adidas jerseys. 

Personally, i'm not a fan of every team in the world going to gray uniforms.  The NFL pro-bowl uniforms are a PRIME example of how bad it can get.  There for a while every team was going to black uniforms in this same fashion.

I get that it's the trend and you're lame if you don't do it . . . i guess.

Can't wait to see the helmets though!

Just now, 77iceman said:

Personally, i'm not a fan of every team in the world going to gray uniforms.  The NFL pro-bowl uniforms are a PRIME example of how bad it can get.  There for a while every team was going to black uniforms in this same fashion.

I get that it's the trend and you're lame if you don't do it . . . i guess.

Can't wait to see the helmets though!

I'm fine with it since we used gray/silver back in the day and had great teams.

6 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Exactly, this could be looked at as more of a throwback than a new age change up. Looking forward to the helmet(s) now. 

Still wondering how they are going to to the logo on the helmets.  I would love to see them go throwback and have each players number opposite the logo.

• Upvote 1

I really like the uniforms. But I'm disappointed in the way they were unveiled. They missed an opportunity to create some buzz for the upcoming season. Most big football programs would release studio photos, that include a few different looks and maybe acknowledge the old unis they are inspired from to add some context. I love that kind of stuff so maybe it's just me 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, NewUNDAlum said:

They look alright.  They'd look better if they weren't made by Adidas.  Outside of soccer/Europe they're widely thought of as the bottom dweller of the major apparel companies.

Not really. I know that Michael Jordan wore Nike and that's the only reason people think they're superior but Adidas/UA/Nike are all equals.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

These are great!!  Will look even better with the grey helmet with the new logo!

Grey helmet, grey jersey, grey pants?  Just say "no" to monochrome, whether it's blue-blue-blue, ketchup packets, unitard black, or grey.  NO!

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Not really. I know that Michael Jordan wore Nike and that's the only reason people think they're superior but Adidas/UA/Nike are all equals.

So why is it that Michigan, Wisconsin, Notre Dame, etc. couldn't dump Adidas fast enough?

• Upvote 1