SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-17 Season

SWSiouxMN

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Anyone else feel like this will be another average year for WBB?

absolutely not, SDSU will more than likely be the best team we play.  They will be fine and make a run for the conference title and a trip to the dance, I would be shocked, shocked if they didn't have a good year

13 hours ago, homer said:

Based off tonight??

No, based on the past couple of years. We went to the NCAA tournament one year with some of Roebuck's leftover players and we have been average to slightly above average ever since.

11 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

absolutely not, SDSU will more than likely be the best team we play.  They will be fine and make a run for the conference title and a trip to the dance, I would be shocked, shocked if they didn't have a good year

I seem to be hearing this every time we lose a game. "Well, this loss will make us better." "Well, that loss made us a better team.". "Well, we couldn't expect to win this game against this team, but this will make us better." We are racking up the moral victories. What we should ask ourselves is, why aren't we more like SDSU? Why aren't we making more strides from year to year? I am not calling for a coaching change; I am just noticing a pattern from year to year with this team and it is a little frustrating.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

No, based on the past couple of years. We went to the NCAA tournament one year with some of Roebuck's leftover players and we have been average to slightly above average ever since.

I seem to be hearing this every time we lose a game. "Well, this loss will make us better." "Well, that loss made us a better team.". "Well, we couldn't expect to win this game against this team, but this will make us better." We are racking up the moral victories. What we should ask ourselves is, why aren't we more like SDSU? Why aren't we making more strides from year to year? I am not calling for a coaching change; I am just noticing a pattern from year to year with this team and it is a little frustrating.

I don't recall hearing any of this on the ladies side.  There are a lot of teams that would like to copy SDSUs success. 

On 12/7/2016 at 10:33 AM, fightingsioux4life said:

If you weren't impressed with the "strides" we took last season you must not have been paying very close attention.