SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-17 Season

SWSiouxMN

http://www.undsports.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&SPID=6389&SPSID=58573&DB_OEM_ID=13500

Roster is up.  I see Smith is no longer with the team.  I also see Iowa will be coming up to the Betty on Nov 16th.

Despite the losses of Mia, Kelsey, and Sam, they should be a solid team and content in the Big Sky. How those Sophomores emerge and grow (Strand, Klabo, Freiji, etc.) this season will be the key

Schedule (as far as I know)

Nov 11th Drake

Nov 16th Iowa

Dec 18th @ UNI

Dec 29th  PSU

Dec 31st  SAC ST

Jan 5th @ NAU

Jan 7th @ SUU

Jan 12th MSU

Jan 14th  Montana

Jan 19th @ Weber

Jan 21st @ ISU

Jan 26th  SUU

Jan 28th NAU

Feb 4th @ UNC

Feb 9th @ EWU

Feb 11th @ Idaho

Feb 16th  ISU

Feb 18th Weber

Feb 25th UNC

Mar 2nd @ SAC ST

Mar 4th @ PSU

TBD @ NDSU

TBD USD

4 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

How those Sophomores emerge and grow (Strand, Klabo, Freiji, etc.) this season will be the key

We do have a loaded sophomore class for sure (don't forget Morton who has "difference-maker" written all over her--even if from the bench).

Guesses on projected starting lineup?  Szabla, Dyer, Frieje, Johnson, Roscoe?

Looks very competitive at the guard position, as 2/3 of the lineup are guards!

What I thought might be a nice read on one of our up-and-comers, Jill Morton, turned into a brutal read and an example of the ineptness of suburban Twin Cities media. Turns out Jill now plays for the "Lady Bison," according to the article below.

http://current.mnsun.com/2016/07/28/edina-guard-adapted-to-new-role-at-und/

Oh and Jill might need to be schooled up on UND women's basketball history at bit, even if she was referring to the Division I era, she's still incorrect unless I dreamed that whole game against Texas A&M in the NCAAs in 2014:

"Last season, we got into a postseason tournament for the first time in school history,” Morton said in a recent interview.

Still I am excited for Jill and her sophomore season. She should be much improved and she was a great freshman!

1 hour ago, Teeder11 said:

What I thought might be a nice read on one of our up-and-comers, Jill Morton, turned into a brutal read and an example of the ineptness of suburban Twin Cities media. Turns out Jill now plays for the "Lady Bison," according to the article below.

http://current.mnsun.com/2016/07/28/edina-guard-adapted-to-new-role-at-und/

Seems Edina would have sent enough players to UND to at least get the correct nickname. 

5 minutes ago, MoSiouxFan said:

For the last 4 years or more we've had a "go to" player (Buck, Lloyd, etc.).  Not sure we have anyone to fill the bill this season (Dyer, Roscoe, Johnson?).  Hopefully, one of the ladies steps up into that role this year.

I think all three will be good. Dyer from the perimeter, Johnson strong inside, if healthy, and Roscoe really impressed me last year with her mid range touch and ability to go to the hoop when available -- a far cry better from her first two years. She could be really good this year if she continues that progression with her size and skill. 

Then, add in the supporting cast of Morton, Freije and Klabo.... plus getting Strand and Swatzke back, both of whom I thought were really good as frosh. They should be ok.

And can't leave out the floor general in Szabla.... or ZABALA  as the opposing announcers like to say! LOL!

3 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

I think all three will be good. Dyer from the perimeter, Johnson strong inside, if healthy, and Roscoe really impressed me last year with her mid range touch and ability to go to the hoop when available -- a far cry better from her first two years. She could be really good this year if she continues that progression with her size and skill. 

Then, add in the supporting cast of Morton, Freije and Klabo.... plus getting Strand and Swatzke back, both of whom I thought were really good as frosh. They should be ok.

Is Smith still no the team? 

2 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

I think all three will be good. Dyer from the perimeter, Johnson strong inside, if healthy, and Roscoe really impressed me last year with her mid range court touch and ability to go to the hoop when available -- a far cry better from her first two years. She could be really good this year if she continues that progression with her size and skill. 

And can't leave out the floor general in Szabla.... or ZABALA  as the opposing announcers like to say! LOL!

FIFY:D.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...